ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to financial ombudsman.. any experience?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Have had some issues with my insurance and have got to the stage now (a month later!) where I'm fed up and want to get some real help so am contacting the financial ombudsman.

Question I have though, this is obviously going to take some time and I've already lost out on a months insurance - Would I also be able to claim back the months/money I've lost if they end up admitting it was their c*ck up?

Not the end of the world if not but there's a lot of money I will potentially lose..

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Withdrew the claim after being told I could do so without incurring any charges and now have invoices to the total of £384...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah that would make sense but they shouldn't have told you that you wouldn't be liable.

Did they mean no charge from insurance?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Yes my insurance company told me that although I was withdrawing the claim I'd still have a free recovery and wouldn't be charged anything... so I withdraw the claim and get told I can't insure another car as there are unpaid invoices!

They are apparently going through the recorded calls but I just have a feeling they're going to lose something or simply deny it. I was told on at least two different occasions the same thing.

If they happen to find (or I find through requested transcripts/recordings) that they did say it, do they have to stick to their word?

Fed up with waiting now :(