ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

glue residue?

Zetec YO!!!!!
Right after removing my renault sport badges from the boot, i was left with the usual glue residue that came with AG tar remover. But now left are about 6 spots of dirty looking glue.

Now these wont come off, I've tried tar remover, white spirit, petrol, and even nail varnish remover!! :S I really dont know what else would shift it or shall i cut my losses and just replace the badges?

Help much appreciated.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
not to sure but maybe a clay bar could fetch it off, i am really surprised white spirit didn't get it off, but personally i would buy the Renaultsport badge from the 197

Zetec YO!!!!!
Tcut wont touch it mate unless i need to use more elbow grease!! :eek:

I dont think the 197 badge is bigger enough to cover them up, they are dotted the length of the renault badge!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fpmsl! Did someone really just say clay bar?

Are you mental?

Oh and a polisher are you
Mental too?

Ffs!!!!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Fpmsl! Did someone really just say clay bar?

Are you mental?

Oh and a polisher are you
Mental too?

Ffs!!!!

I thought a clay bar would fetch it off, thinking about it a rotary polisher was a stupid idea. of well I know now anyway. :eek:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I never said it wouldn't take it off. It's the damage it'll do in the process.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Chisel, it has to be a sharp one though. Its like cutting with a knife, a blunt one will more likely slip and cut you.

But yeah, +1 for hot (NOT BOILING!) water.

d4b78003-c5f9-2ffe.jpg