ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glowing hot brake discs.... normal?

Clio RS 172
Hello,

Was last wednesday at a track day @ Zolder in Belgium.
Cool thing was that the track was kept open after the sun left! Was a fun experiance to drive in the dark .

My girl captured some video's of me driving. I noticed my brake discs were glowing red, is this something normal or should i be thinking about some 'real' brakes?
Now running OE discs and ds2500 pads.

Check the 720p version...you will see it more clearly.

(btw... got also onboard video's, check my youtube channel)

Last edited by a moderator:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Looks cool, what disc's are they?

Edit: read OP, aren't oe discs high carbon and fairly similar to the brembo i have just bought

182cup & 172 racecar
If I remember rightly,thats a big breaking point after a fast straight,they are not glowing that much,normal.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Next time you do a few miles of normal driving, check to see if the discs feel hot. You could have a sticky calliper, but my guess is that could be a lack of brake cooling and hours of hammering around a race track ;)

Clio RS 172
Next time you do a few miles of normal driving, check to see if the discs feel hot. You could have a sticky calliper, but my guess is that could be a lack of brake cooling and hours of hammering around a race track ;)

It were sessions of 20 and 30 minutes, so not for hours in a row.
@ Tony...indeed . I approach that section with 140/160 km/h (don't now exactly, don't check my speedo that much on track but pretty far up the rev range in 4th gear) and press the brake hard at the 100meter marker.
I guess removing my fog lights and making some brake ducts would be a good id...

Didn't see any cracks or something. Although my brakes seem to feel different then before the track day.

182cup & 172 racecar
You could do with a fluid change or at least a good bleed.

And yes, get some air around moving around that area.