ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

glacier white clio

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cat C is repair costs over 100% of the Pav is, doesn't matter what the damage is.

It can be put back on the road after repair and Vic check. Vic check does not check any repairs carried out. Another common misconception. It only checks the identity of the car.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  bg 182 ff
so the donor car was a cat c, during a resale would you need to declare the current shell as a cat c or what?

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not if you are using the bodyshell attached to the numberplate. There used to be a % number when building one car from two but don't quote me on that. As the engine change has been declared to DVLA I would imagine that it would be kosher on an HPI check. Looks like a good job has been done on that.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
probably bought a dci to break as there worth a fortune in parts you can get 1000quids easily for a low mileage engine then the rest etc... he blew this money on 172 parts so car probably stands him in couple of hundred pound quids, worth around 1200-1500quids cash due to salvage status

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If the shell was a Cat C then yes. No one cares where the parts came from it's the vin/shell/reg that is checked during a Vic and Hpi etc.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  bg 182 ff
so because the shell etc was scrapped and he has used the bits to make the car it is now, it would be fine?

i dont suppose the owner of the car is a memebr on here is he?