ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girlfriends wipers not spraying water..

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
my girlfriends mk2 clio has a problem with the water reservoir.
There is water in there, first thing i checked haha.. And when I flick to spray the water the motor makes a whurring noise, exactly the same as the noise on my clio, when its spraying the water onto the windscreen, yet nothing comes out on hers.

Ive also had some conflicting advice, been told once the motor might be damaged, and elsewhere the pump could be bolloxed,
any advice? garages are offering her prices just under triple bloody figures!! so when i find out what it is ill find the part and then go to the scrapyard or something,

is the pump located in the same area as the motor?

Lots of Alfas
Its very common for the pumps to go, the pump is just fixed into the top of the washer bottle. Youll have to remove the passenger side scuttle panel, some remove the wiper but if you have small hands (or use your girlfriends) you will get to it. Be aware when you remove it, all the screenwash will pour out the car. They are about £25 from Renault or you can pick one off the shelf in Halfords or ebay for about £12

E46 M3
The motor is in the pump. It'll be the rubber in the pump valve thats swelled and needs trimming, I'm sure there's a guide on here, I had to do it to mine.

Ph2 Flamer
loads of pumps/motors on ebay / from a breakers for peanuts. Could be blocked lines/jets though if you can hear the pump trying. If it's not squirting out of the front or rear i'd go for the motor being the problem and either pull it out and trim the bit of rubber inside or just swap out for a working used one or even a new unit from Renault.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
just done one on my sisters clio took a few mins to change pop the bonnet then push the pin slightly down on the scuttle panel clip lift the scuttle up and pull the pump out disconnect the wire connector and the two pipes make sure you dont get them mixed up one tube on the pump is white on is black transfer the pipes to the new pump connect the wiring connector the push the pump gently back into the bottle. if you have some grease or wd40 spray the end of the pump pickup so it slides into the rubber as its easy to push the rubber into the bottle then you will need to remove the bottle to get it out or buy a new rubber.
then topup the bottle with screen wash refit the clip and test the washers.
got the pump from ebay £5.80 delivered and its a straight swap with the original.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270781020985?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Being as no one has actually told you how to diagnose the fault, I will give the basic steps to diagnose the fault. I haven't done a washer motor on a Clio before so it's a general guide.
Remove the washer pipe from the washer motor and operate the washers. If the motor is pumping water out, then you have a blockage in the pipes or the washer jets themselves.
Refit the washer pipe and then disconnect it from the washer jets, operate the washers again. If water is being pumped out of the washer pipes then your washer jets are blocked. If there is no water at the end of the washer pipe then you need to trace the washer pipe back and repeat this step for each pipe connection.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
As above pretty much, start with the cheap things. I bought a pump for the 182 and it was a blocked pipe.

Empty to washer bottle, fill it with hot water and some all purpose cleaner and pull the stalk back, keep at it and it should start coming through. If that doesn't fix it then try the pump. You can get them from Halfords for pretty cheap.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
if you have some grease or wd40 spray the end of the pump pickup so it slides into the rubber as its easy to push the rubber into the bottle then you will need to remove the bottle to get it out or buy a new rubber.

I echo this.

Swapped mine out lastnight, but just undid the clip and bent the scuttle up a little enough to get the pump up.

Was in a rush, it was raining, didnt grease the new pump............ POP. Rubber goes in the bottle. FECKING FECK!!!

So, a straigtened wire coat hanger, a torch and a steady hand, and 5mins later, had the grommit back out. Thank god.

'14 Auris Hybrid ST
ive still got to fix this for her, gonna get the laptop out tomorrow morn and then read the above advice and sort it,.

in trying earlier in the week i managed, in the end, to break her sunroof,

it was stiff so i pushed harder and plastic fell in my face, shattered..