ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girl in distress!

Gordini 182!
Hi all! The engine management light came on and I've had it checked out and it turned out to be 278 destructive misfire. I've changed the plugs and leads and the car now drives great (although is lumpy during idle) however the light keeps flashing every now and again with the same fault. Any one have any ideas as to what it might be?
Thanks, Sarah

182 BG
I paid £50 from euro car parts, if there's anyone local to you with one see if they would swap it to test just to confirm it, only takes a few mins to take off

Gordini 182!
Ah that's not too bad, I'll give them a call and see if they have them in stock. Dan, who is also a member on here lives pretty close to me so I might talk him into letting me try his! No harm in trying. Thanks

Gordini 182!
Could even be a cam sensor.

You plugged it in...

Yeah, my partner has a diagnostic tool and it only came up with the misfire code. That's why I'm a little confused as to what else it might be other than leads and plugs.

Beaten up 182
You can check the resistance of the injectors with a multimeter, a sure fire sign would be if one has gone high.