ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting rid of smoke smell

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
As title says really..

Bought a car off a customer for scrap value and it was basically a mobile ash try, there was fag ash everywhere and it stinks, iv had the seats out and hoovered every knoock and cranny to get rid of it all, it made it slightly better but the smell is still there..

Whats the best product or method to get rid the smell of fag smoke? :mask::mask:

Tunst

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do a search mark, Ste Burns started a thread on it.

Before you go buying anything though, get some hot water and 3 or 4 microfibres, some strong interior cleaner in a trigger spray and clean the headlining. It holds all the stink so you need to get the worst of it out before you do anything else.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Would a wet vac do the same job? I can try get hold of my mums, she had it when she done some Valeting..

I have used the Dakota odour bombs before, and they really do work well inside a car.

But cleaning the seats, and other surfaces first is a good step.