ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting rid of my Yozzasport exhaust..........but what to replace it with???

Lionel Richie
Mind if i drive over to see you so i can slap some sense into you? Sell your Yozza? Get down the Priory fella!

Evo 5 RS
lol selling a yozza and looking at Piper systems

What you smoking

there isn't actually anything WRONG with Piper if you're looking at it off the car. The weldings good and they're not bad exhausts but they're boomy as f**k.

Just keep the yozza, seriously

Can't the Yozza be fettled with to include a centre silencer? Sure Fred said this could be arranged for people of a certain aversion to proper noise?!

Build quality.... Check
Quieter.... Check

Problem solved

Nothing with a decat is going to be quiet at motorway speeds, if you want quiet then why not put the cat back on? Save you dicking around changing the best exhaust for another one which still won't be to your liking.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Nothing with a decat is going to be quiet at motorway speeds, if you want quiet then why not put the cat back on? Save you dicking around changing the best exhaust for another one which still won't be to your liking.

This. If you do anything other than that you're wasting your cash.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
put the cruise control on at 75mph for when on the motorway and its dead quite, and for around town its fine because thats when it sounds its best...:cool:

ph1 172
Mind if i drive over to see you so i can slap some sense into you? Sell your Yozza? Get down the Priory fella!

You can try........best of luck:rasp:

And I know that taking the cat out makes any exhaust louder etc etc. but the Yozza is just too droney and loud inside the cabin. I prefer my decat over my exhaust, the throttle feels much better. I want an exhaust that just doesn't drone like this one.

I have considered having a friend TIG weld in a silencer in the centre but does this spoil the point of a loud Yozza and if affect ruin it for re-sale etc?

Silent_Scone; if Piper systems are boomy then there no good for me either.

I have been passenger in a 172 cup with decat and KTR recessed system and centre silencer, and that didn't drone like mine. Is this down to the centre silencer taking some of that cabin noise away?

Not smoking da reefa, just want a system that doesn't drone:cool: And the way the silenced decat has sharpened up the throttle, there is no way the cat will go back in.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Somethin must be up with yours tbh dude!!! mines is bloody quite at 60-70 even up to 80 i can talk quietly to passengers within the car only when you get to about 90ish it drones through the cabin :S

ph1 172
Somethin must be up with yours tbh dude!!! mines is bloody quite at 60-70 even up to 80 i can talk quietly to passengers within the car only when you get to about 90ish it drones through the cabin :S

Motorway speeds its fine yes

However gentle acceleration through 2.5k to 3.5k is just unbearable in the cabin. Everyone that has been in passenger cannot believe how droney it is. Strange though, because as soon as you hammer it, 5k onwards, it doesn't drone at all. Shame I cannot drive everywhere flat out really;)

ph1 172
It is abit more than that I think. Possibly a centre silencer would take the drone out of the cabin but, a decent stainless silencer will be around £100 plus having it TIG'd in etc.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
i will agree with you rhys, the yozza (although it sounds amazing when 'being driven enthusiastically') is actually very droney when just cruising on the dually :dapprove: this would annoy me too.

my milltek...

th_deaeb709.jpg

ph1 172
Thanks for that Barry:)

And yes you have had a passenger ride in my car of pure dronnnnneeeee;)

On a serious note, your Milltek doesn't sound too loud, and wasn't too bad in your cabin either. If I went for the Milltek I would also go for the centre silencer aswell I think. I don't think 4 silencers including my decat will be too loud:approve:

People are mental, if you think (placebo effect) that adding a decat has improved your throttle response as much as you say then I reakon you had something up with your cat. I would say it has only improved my throttle response a tiny bit. If at all.

ph1 172
There are 4 people in line to buy it. It has been offered to the first chap that contacted me, it will be removed tonight.

This thread can be locked now