ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

getting polish off plastics!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Around the aerial i've got polish on the platic bit! Tried a few things, which seem to hide it, but doesn't remove it! Whats the best thing to get it offski?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Please take this seriously.

When i was a valeter, nobody beleived me, but use more car polish and a dry rag. (i use autoglym) Only a tiny bit on a cloth and scrub into it really hard. will come off in no time.

It works, trust me.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Please take this seriously.

When i was a valeter, nobody beleived me, but use more car polish and a dry rag. (i use autoglym) Only a tiny bit on a cloth and scrub into it really hard. will come off in no time.

It works, trust me.

:S aye? Was thinking about tryin GOJO, it's like a hand cleaner, slightly gritty...But don't want that near my paint...Needs to be slightly abrasive tho...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
trust me mate. When i was 17 i 'tried' to valet my mums rover 416 gti (massive grey plastic bumpers) and i mullered them i polish!

When i started valeting, the guy who i worked with suggested this method. A tiny bit of polish for what your talking about, on a dry rag, proper scrub it all over and before it has time to dry and settle, go over it as hard as poss with a clean cloth.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'll give it a go...it's only a small bit, but it winds me up! And i can never be arsed taping that bit up! Lazy!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Ali, have you tried the Autoglym Bumper Care. Its like green gel.

Does remove the white discoloration really well.:approve:

Did for me anyway....:D

TeZ

Non RS : (

true for about a week or till it rains i suggest, Chemical Guys new look trim gel small amount on a cloth and work it into your ariel will stay black then ( also will remove that white for good)

OR

this stuff is also ACE

http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-plastic-cleaner.html

TeZ :star:

172 cup
i have used turps with very good results then wipe ag degreaser and then mer bumper gel forgot a use a small nail brush for turps:eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

true for about a week or till it rains i suggest, Chemical Guys new look trim gel small amount on a cloth and work it into your ariel will stay black then ( also will remove that white for good)

OR

this stuff is also ACE

http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-plastic-cleaner.html

TeZ :star:

Neither of them remove it, they just mask it! Got both!

Last edited:
  Caddy Maxi
i did mine last night, heated the plastic up with a hairdryer and used auto glym vinly and rubber care on a foam applicator and worked it in the said areas and dried off with the hairdryer again. worked for me

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Cut the bristles down to about 2mm on a toothbrush, great for grained plastics ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Got most of it off...Old man had some MER plastic cleaner...Thought why not! Came up a treat!

Peugeot 306 HDi
OK you'll probably laugh but a simple rubber (pencil eraser, that is:D) was suggested in Auto Express. I tried it Saturday and it has worked a treat - hard rub down then dust it off and it works really well.

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
seriously dunt laugh use a pencil eraser like brand new sorry just noticed someone has already posted this lol

I need to try something too on my side strips and plastics after some muppet got polish on mine last week... ;)

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
just used some cheap stuff from ASDA lol and bumpers look frikin awesome now lol and they wqhere coverd in wax (lil bro wanted cash so i asked to wash and wax car) stupid move lol but either way its just a back to black style thing but at £2 worth a try just clean em best you can and use the spray, then buff the stuff off, its like a solvent so wax came straight off leaves the black lookin MINT sooo worth a try, but with any of the cheap stuff avoide the paint and wash car afterwards

visualize whirled pe
I take my side strips off for waxing etc now, they come off in less than two minutes, substantially less time then it takes to mask them, polish around them or clean wax off them.