ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting bored with the dci 80

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
Right getting bored with the performance,

What can i do to it to add a little more performance to keep me happy to piss on cars like zetec s and s**t.....remap ?

Thanks

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yup, remap is your best option tbh. Should break the 100bhp mark with a map and normally makes your fuel consumption even better as well. Win/win tbh

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
Zetec s is ony 103 bhp/ 0-60 in 10.3 ... clio dci 100 does that :S so dont know why i cant when i get a remap

Titanium 182
Zetec s is ony 103 bhp/ 0-60 in 10.3 ... clio dci 100 does that :S so dont know why i cant when i get a remap

Sarcasm? Hence the raspy tongue!

I used to have a Zetec-S so I'm only messing... it'll have you on the corners though! ;) :rasp:

Clio 1.5 dCi 80
Yea going into corners in this is like going through f**king war lool

my mate has a zetec s....coilovers...and some other s**t done to it...sitting at like 140 bhp...130 mph top end and silly 0-60

Clio 182.
TBH i was bored as soon as i read dCi

Man up and get a proper car instead of throwing money at the one you have.

B

Bucko

Easy mate, he only asked how he could get a bit more performance out of what he's already got. Aren't we all after that?

?
TBH i was bored as soon as i read dCi

Man up and get a proper car instead of throwing money at the one you have.

Jeez, do you even know what your talking about? A remap in a DCI clio is a very worthwile mod in terms of £££ vs BHP ...

Plus, Maybe he likes his car or cant afford insurance on a newer car? young driver?

Pisses me off when people post s**t like that!
:mad:

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Just get a remap mate, it's deffo worth it, you'll be pleasantly suprised.
And if remap isn't enough, there's allways a better intercooler which you could consider and a decat.

Don't let all these haters get you down, they obvously don't know/underestimate the dci's.
That being said, you should be able to keep up with fiesta's though, easily, espesh in the twistys

I myselve have my dci 6 years now, and i still love it to bits even though i have a 1*2 aswell

B

Bucko

I can't speak for a 1.5 dci but my mate had his mk4 Golf TDI 130 remapped and it absolutely blew him away with the gains in torque and power, he has no other mods and still gets 50+ mpg

Titanium 182
Yea going into corners in this is like going through f**king war lool

my mate has a zetec s....coilovers...and some other s**t done to it...sitting at like 140 bhp...130 mph top end and silly 0-60

They do react pretty well to simple breathing mods and a set of cams, good fun cars!

And all the people telling him to sell and buy something faster, a remap hardly costs the world! How much does an upgraded car cost though?!

Also think about how much you may have spent on the car to make it just a little bit quicker, then come back here when he's seeing massive gains from a simple map and argue ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
remapping the DCI clio is apparently a no go.

Thread on here (canny find it) a while ago. a guy had his remapped and it fucked his car and all the renault techs were saying its playing with knifes mapping one.

dunno.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Yes, but why is he including them in a list of performance mods?

Well i am not no diesel techichian lol but im assuming he put them in for a reason so they must give you some kind of gain or help the engine run better.

i was thinking about getting a dci with a remap but they were all out of my budget slightly at the time. Alot of people say remap them and you will get performance gains but there are some downsides to it which i have read on here with dcis and other cars such as bmw's and other diesels.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
remapping the DCI clio is apparently a no go.

Thread on here (canny find it) a while ago. a guy had his remapped and it f**ked his car and all the renault techs were saying its playing with knifes mapping one.

dunno.

That's not what i can say of my 02 dci65, mapped IC'd etc to 126bhp, it has 70K on it now, mapped since it had 20K, and not a single thing gone wrong with it.

You just got to treat them like it should, and not rev the nuts off, steady warming up etc

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Well i am not no diesel techichian lol but im assuming he put them in for a reason so they must give you some kind of gain or help the engine run better.

i was thinking about getting a dci with a remap but they were all out of my budget slightly at the time. Alot of people say remap them and you will get performance gains but there are some downsides to it which i have read on here with dcis and other cars such as bmw's and other diesels.

Diesels do have glow plugs, but no spark plugs, glow plugs are used to heat the combustion chamber when the engine is cold, just before starting.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
u got nearly double ur output from a remap, dreamer

Not just a remap, didn't you read what i wrote, it has a forged intercooler, bigger injectors, diffrent downpipe, decat, and a whole lot more which at first i didn't want to bother you with, but you didn't leave me no choice;)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Diesels do have glow plugs, but no spark plugs, glow plugs are used to heat the combustion chamber when the engine is cold, just before starting.

Yeh thats what i thought. Why you have to wait a few seconds on ignition on the older cars.

185lb/ft dCi
vincent, these boys dont know whats going on with the dci's treat them with respect and service them regularly, you can't go wrong. they hear one guy have a nightmare probably because the cars been abused and they all jump on the bang wagon due to the fact they dont have a clue.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Genuinely interested to hear why you think the turbo would blow up! :)

My original comment was a little tongue in cheek. However Matt Black on here runs a Renault breakers yard. He said the DCI turbo was a very popular purcahse (for a major engine component), I would guess that means they break a lot more often than they should and increasing boost is only going to accelerate that failure rate.

vincent, these boys dont know whats going on with the dci's treat them with respect and service them regularly, you can't go wrong. they hear one guy have a nightmare probably because the cars been abused and they all jump on the bang wagon due to the fact they dont have a clue.

But then aren't you commenting from your personal experience? Unless you own 3 and have driven them all 50k miles then it doesn't really say much about the car in general terms.

For the record I had a dci 80 for 2 years. Loved it. Would buy another if it made sense to have 2 cars. Handled lovely (it was a dynamique with sport suspension) and had enough power to cruise at any speed it was capable of...

HOWEVER. I didn't buy it with performance being on my must have list. If you want a performance orientated car and the dci bores you and you have money to spend on cars (because the DCI might aswell be free to run when you compare it to almost anything else) then it doesn't make sense to keep and modify it.

Further more, I tried various tuning options on my DCI. I had a K&N filter and can't really comment on what that did as I put it on as soon as I got the car. SS Exhaust, noticably improved mpg and responsiveness.

Also tried a tuning box which was s**t. Yes it did increase power, but I could only come to that conclusion with a stop watch. It didn't feel any different, some might say that's a good thing, but I didn't like the idea of it anyway so got rid of that. I also had an ECU remap, and the torque difference was pretty impressive. The car was MUCH louder (partly the exhaust coming into it's own compared to the stock unit), instead of feeling pretty progressive (i.e dreadful) throughout the rev range as normal, it had a surge of power at 2k rpm much like any other 4 cylinder diesel above 100hp.

The best example I can give is an uphill section on the A23, standard power and the car wouldn't accelerate past 90mph (when you changed into 5th it wouldn't accelerate). Remapped it went to 120 with 3 people in the car.

BIG difference. However it wasn't long before warning lights started popping up, cutting power specifically between 3.5-4k rpm, a few days later it just cut out all together on a roundabout. f**k that TBH. I turned round and drove to the garage to have the map taken off.

I'd much rather have the dci80 that I could drive at WOT everytime I need to speed up without having to worry, than have a dci110 that I need to molly coddle around and cross my fingers everytime I want to overtake.

PS My MPG went DOWN with the remap (because I was using the extra power you get), the least I got in it's lifetime was 30mpg on the Nurburgring doing 2 consecutive fast laps. When I had it remapped I managed to get 19mpg on your typical UK back road, normally it wouldn't drop below 40 on the road.

fabia vrs
Yes, but why is he including them in a list of performance mods?

Because they may not give any bhp but will make it run better !! I have just replaced all mine plus had a new egr vavle and it run's like a dream !! will be changing the feul filter/ cleaning the pannel filter this week and then next week will be a nice oil/filter change so she is all ready for the summer ;)

fabia vrs
Not just a remap, didn't you read what i wrote, it has a forged intercooler, bigger injectors, diffrent downpipe, decat, and a whole lot more which at first i didn't want to bother you with, but you didn't leave me no choice;)

Who done all the work on your car mate plus how much ?? Could you pm me please due to the dci 'haters' ;)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i know absolutly nothing about the DCI's but i do hear hat remaping diesels is a fantatic way of getting more power. What engines are availaible? 1.5 65, and the 1.5 80, is it just them two? Interested as my GF will be looking for a new car soon

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
i know absolutly nothing about the DCI's but i do hear hat remaping diesels is a fantatic way of getting more power. What engines are availaible? 1.5 65, and the 1.5 80, is it just them two? Interested as my GF will be looking for a new car soon

No, there's a dci100 aswell, but i wouldn't recommend it, the gearboxes on them are weak, and they are very hard to find.
So your best bet is a dci80, which is in essence the same as a dci100, just has a diffrent turbo, and the bottom end of a megane

1.4 Dynamique
Think a re-map would be a worthwhile choice. A friend has a 1.4 diesel audi a2, which he recently had re-mapped, the difference is incredible, hes gone from being 100 yards down the road when i press the load pedal, to being up my arse every time!
I slightly regret getting the 1.4 98hp petrol engine, probably should have got a dci 80 or 100 with a remap in heignsight(sp)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
No, there's a dci100 aswell, but i wouldn't recommend it, the gearboxes on them are weak, and they are very hard to find.
So your best bet is a dci80, which is in essence the same as a dci100, just has a diffrent turbo, and the bottom end of a megane

cheers dont think i've ever seen the dci100. Might aswell look at getting the dci80 with a map then, thanks for that