ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

General Improvements to Anything Engine Wise

09 clio ext 1.2 16v
Any of you guys and gals got some ideas as to what I should do to my stock 09 clio 1.2 16v, need something to do with my time so, if you've got any suggestions to modify/improve the car and engine put em forward

Clio 172
If you're just after pure performance enhancement, a well accepted mod is to cut the ignition wires on the battery, insert key to unlock steering and get your mates to push it while making a throaty noise.

Other than that, new filters, oil, plugs etc.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
To be fair, it's a 1.2, you're never going to see any real improvements no matter what you do (and I genuinely mean that in the nicest possible way).

Keep it well serviced and make sure the suspension/brakes are in good working order, and enjoy it would be my recommendation.

I bought the wife an 09 1.2 tce last summer and on the commute to work and back its brilliant fun to drive, OK you won't break speed records with it, and being honest I don't speed anyway (got the track/race car for going fast with) but for what it is it handles pretty well.

Learn your car, how it handles, how it brakes, where the 'power' curve is in the rev range and you'll find yourself enjoying it more and more.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
To be fair, it's a 1.2, you're never going to see any real improvements no matter what you do (and I genuinely mean that in the nicest possible way).

Keep it well serviced and make sure the suspension/brakes are in good working order, and enjoy it would be my recommendation.

I bought the wife an 09 1.2 tce last summer and on the commute to work and back its brilliant fun to drive, OK you won't break speed records with it, and being honest I don't speed anyway (got the track/race car for going fast with) but for what it is it handles pretty well.

Learn your car, how it handles, how it brakes, where the 'power' curve is in the rev range and you'll find yourself enjoying it more and more.
@Naylor28 fair play for not biting to some of the replies you've had in here, but the quote I'm posting is by far the best and most helpful one you'll get. :up:

ste 193

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Drive it, gain experience, build up your insurance no claims, save your money, then sell it and buy a faster car!