ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gears of War 3

Bus w**ker
How do you get the beta? I've not been on in ages but would for this.

Pre-order GoW3 from Game. Only runs for another week or so, I'd love to see how many order cancellations Game get once it's closed lol.

Bus w**ker
How do you get the beta? I've not been on in ages but would for this.

Pre-order GoW3 from Game. Only runs for another week or so, I'd love to see how many order cancellations Game get once it's closed lol.

*Edit - Or buy Bulletstorm Epic edition.

Mito Sportiva 135
I just didn't really rate the MP on GOW2 - did some Horde mode but it was stupid as you couldn't have any breaks. I started to get interested in the SP story but will probably be a big disappointment like most video game stories...even though the end of the trilogy will probably leave it open to another follow-on of some sort.

I'll definitely be waiting for reviews and feedback before I buy this. GoW 1 and 2 had immense single player, but the multiplayer was the worst I've ever played. When you eventually found a game to join, it was always laggy and buggy. Utter shite.

Mito Sportiva 135
3rd person shooters just aren't as good as 1st person for this sort of thing unless there is some sort of reason for it such as extra manuevres...but all this has is the cover system. Just can't get the accuracy.

I just didn't really rate the MP on GOW2 - did some Horde mode but it was stupid as you couldn't have any breaks. I started to get interested in the SP story but will probably be a big disappointment like most video game stories...even though the end of the trilogy will probably leave it open to another follow-on of some sort.

EPIC have confirmed this is the final instalment.

And like you say, as much as I loved GOW2, the multiplayer was diabolical!
But I am LOVING this, everything is down to skill as opposed to weapon set ups, and the team play adds even more to it!
And no connection issues like GOW2.

Many people can't get into it, but I say leave them to COD, for a gamer like me, I embrace everything that's good! :D

Thought I'd add, I've only got a few guys online I play this with.

So if anyone wants a decent player, add: Plummer C1

Put in the message your from cs so I know though! :)

AK

M240i
I've got live... and I've got an xbox... and I've got the internet... I've just not got an HD telly!

Should have it by this weekend :eek:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I really enjoyed the single player gears 1 & 2 but never really got into the multiplayer. Realistically its not gonna get a look in with BF3 and MW3 being released at the same time.

Astra Twintop
I really enjoyed the single player gears 1 & 2 but never really got into the multiplayer. Realistically its not gonna get a look in with BF3 and MW3 being released at the same time.
Trust me, its going to get a look in.

Different style entirely to COD/BF.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Damn f**king right I do!

I haven't played since gears two (I got out of the gaming world for a bit and missed the beta).

So when its out (soon right?) I'll be more than game.

Gamer tag is Petit Filous

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I haven't been on in months, and when I first moved out I renewed my XBL membership for 6 months, hope it hasn't expired. :(

I assume you've all got the beta then? I'm a bit annoyed they've done that TBH, means when the game comes out playing online will be s**t for ages because others will be MUCH better.

I think I'll probably end up throwing it in the bin after a day. (Which sucks as I'm a HUGE gears fan).

Bus w**ker
Had the beta and hated it once all the gears nerds got online, full game will hopefully not be as annoying...although I'll more than likely only play this until MW3 comes out and then it will get shelved.

320d M Sport
I love how the gears adverts always have great soundtracks. Awesome.

Yea I've noticed this too, started with Gears 1 and the Mad World soundtrack.

They're produces by the same company who produced the super hi res teaser for Halo 3 for the Superbowl adverts.

Had the beta and hated it once all the gears nerds got online, full game will hopefully not be as annoying...although I'll more than likely only play this until MW3 comes out and then it will get shelved.

Just so I can annoy you,

I'm miles better at Gears than I am at COD, I hammered the beta like f**k. ;)

Bit of a heads up - if you buy 2100 gamer points at Morrisons (£18.99 I think) you can get this for £25 when it comes out.