ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox (URGENT)

Mk1 RT + F7p + 172 Brakes
what gearboxes will match up with my f7p lump? obv the one from a valver but what others?

rsi box??
1.9 derv box??
172 box??

need to know asap

Williams box is a straight fit.

172 one will fit iirc, but I think you need to use an early version as later ones run electronic speedos? (Or something like that?)

Mk1 RT + F7p + 172 Brakes
Williams box is a straight fit.

172 one will fit iirc, but I think you need to use an early version as later ones run electronic speedos? (Or something like that?)

yea just found out about the 172 box lol

will a 1.9 derv box fit?

williams boxes seem hard to find

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Most JC5 boxes are interchangable. The only ones that will not fit are the gearboxes from the Laguna with the N7Q 2.0 16v Volvo engine fitted to them ( JC5 037 ) . There are several that will fit the F7R and F4R and they are all interchangable. The only difference with them is some of them will have ......

1 - speedo drive in the gearbox casing

2 - no speedo drive in the gearbox casing - blank ( the speedo reading is taken off the ABS system - the rear ABS sensor detects the revolutions of the rear hub turning thus giving you the speedo reading through the ABS computer )

If your car doesnt have ABS it is essential you buy a box with a speedo drive.

If it does have ABS either will fit. Be careful though as some JC5 boxes have a speedo drive and the car is also fitted with ABS.

They are all as poor as each other and there isnt a "stronger" box from another model that will fit a williams or a 172 - the only difference is a Kangoo or a clio diesel box will get you to 100 quicker but not much

Renault have a wonderful way of making things extremely complicated

Have a look on WilliamsClio - there's a post that has a list of them all in!

There are a whole host of different version numbers, helpfully lol

MERCEDES CLS AMG
JC5 058 is for a 98 - 02 Scenic 1.9 DTi .......This will fit but check to see if it has a speedo drive