ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox squeak

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
depends what tuype of sqeak your on about then tbh. my old megane used to squeak/whine when you let the clutch off a certain way so it could be anything.

id take it back to the garage who done the clutch change tho. unless you done it yourself?

clio sport 1.2 16v
nope when the clutch is fully pushed in and i moved the gearstick into different gears and it makes a noise. the new clutch was fitted last thursday and started doing it today. i could give them a ring tomorrow. just hope my gearbox isnt on its way out.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
check the rubber boot underneath the box that joins the selector rod to the box. or even the nylon bush on the gearstick itself. see if its them

clio sport 1.2 16v
also iv noticed when i down gear to slow down . when i do it going quite fast the car judges like it does with a sqeeky noise?