ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Oil

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
just changed the driveshaft and refilled the gearbox oil. No problem.
came out this morning to find a tiny bit of gearbox oil on the driveway, looks like its dripping from the driveshaft, but not at the gear box, at the other end of the rubber seal. Is this normal or a fault considering I filled it to the point it was dripping out of the refiller point?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I had mine replace and it started leaking all its gearbox oil at the same end as yours. I ended up buying a brand new drive shaft from renault because I couldn't source the parts to fix the other one.

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Mine should be under warrenty, so if I need to I can get it sorted that way. Since this morning though I haven't seen as much leaking, hopefully it's just the gearbox being over full (wishful thinking from me)

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_1627_zpskrcpynik.png
    IMG_1627_zpskrcpynik.png
    844.1 KB · Views: 43
  330i. E30 Touring.
Nope, shouldn't be doing that.

3l is the oil qty to refill. Which is also up to the filler hole, so as long as you use that hole it shouldn't be possible to overfill. (As long as you don't get the fiuller hole and the breather hole confused).

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Defiantly didn't use the breather, I used the plastic screw one on the front of the gearbox

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
That's where mine leaked from badly. Virtually lost all the gearbox oil.

100% Faulty part they usually have a mist of oil around that bearing but no drips.
If you phone Renault they will book the car into the workshop and if found faulty will replace free of charge including gear oil.

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I've already been in touch with my garage. They can replace the part, oil and their time changing it on warrenty so pretty happy with that. I'm in my company van this week so they can do it.

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Ok, it has now been changed.... The new driveshaft that just replaced the other new drive shaft is doing the exact same thing.... Needless to say I'm getting a bit frustrated. Can overfilling cause this or am I just super unlucky??

Ok, it has now been changed.... The new driveshaft that just replaced the other new drive shaft is doing the exact same thing.... Needless to say I'm getting a bit frustrated. Can overfilling cause this or am I just super unlucky??
Have you taken it back to renault Norwich?
Overfilling would not cause this as it doesnt create more pressure like it does if you overfill the engine.

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I didn't get the work done with the Renault garage. All work done has been fantastic (with Brice Autos in Norwich). The driveshafts are from Andrew Page and I'm really not very impressed with them. Car is now back at garage awaiting another driveshaft. They have one more chance before I go nuts at them due to large amounts of lovely smelling gearbox oil on my driveway.

If you buy the part from Renault and fit it yourself and it starts to leak then they will replace it free of charge at the dealers including gearbox oil as long as its less than 12 mounths old. Lovely smelling onion gas oil

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Right, the new new driveshaft is on and not leaking so far, there is a little bit of misting but hopefully it is sorted.