ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox oil leak from driveshaft?

hi im used to fords which all have driveshaft seals etc my clio seems to be leaking from the ns driveshaft but gearbox oil saw a few threds on this but cant get to the bottom of it does the cv boot seal the gearbox aswell what do i need to stop this leak cheers

on the passenger side (n/s) yes the boot has a metal casing around it which bolts to the gear box and seals it, iirc the metal cover has a seal around it ! id check that and obviously if the boots split !

When you take the driveshafy out it will throw all its oil out aswell unless you jack one side to the high heavens which then only some will come out !! lol hence the term wet side haha ! hope this helps , im a old for mechanic so i know where your coming from they dont have a seal like that inside the diff !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There are 3 places it can leak:
The seal to the box
A split in the boot itself
The bearing where the shaft goes through.

TERRIBLE design!

yer thanks guys had alook looks like from the boot where seals to the box it is the weirdest design I have ever seen only the French would do this lol cheers needs to sort few problems out on her as there starting to build up lol