Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear gator / stick cover replacement?

Discussion in 'Interior, ICE, Security, Lighting & Electrical' started by missvavavoom, Dec 12, 2010.

1. missvavavoom

missvavavoom

Car:
    182 FF
    The leather-like fabric and plastic ring that cover the gear gator are lifting up when you use the top row of gears. The plastic ring has two 'clips' that keep it in place at top and bottom as you look from aerial view. But I think the bottom one has snapped. Does anyone know if I can get this part, and if so where from and what sort of price are we looking at? Or would it be better to do a home-fix on it? Thanks guys and gals :smile:

2. Adz172

Adz172

Car:
    Clio Sport 172 Ph2
  3. Don

Don ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    182 & new 308
    The leather gaitor and surrounding plastic 'O' are around £7.50 inc VAT from Renault...its a 5 minute job to do..and the only tool you'll need is pliers to snip the end of the cable tie which goes round the bottom of the 'lift reverse' plastic piece.

Hope that helps :smile:

4. -J-

-J- ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    RS2'ed 172 Cup
    This.

Did mine a short while ago

5. missvavavoom

missvavavoom

Car:
    182 FF
    What a bargain from Renault!! Does anyone have a part number? Thanks guys x

6. ch!ppen

ch!ppen

Car:
    Disastra Coupe
    Yes, part number if you can please people!! I rang Renault and they quoted me like £60 or something daft! Think they had it wrong.

7. CupDude

CupDude

Car:
    Clio 172 Cup
    I've been through 3 gaitors as the two wafer-thin clips on the base break off really easily (especially in sub zero temps). Before fitting my new one I strengthened the clips by glue-ing shaped bits of old credit cards to them. Was a worthwhile mod!:cool:

8. Emma.

Emma. ClioSport Area Rep<br>South West

Car:
    172 Cup Pug 208
    This too. Did mine about a year ago. I didn't have the part number. Just spoke to the parts guy and few days later and about £8 lighter all sorted

9. Don

Don ClioSport Club Member

Car:
    182 & new 308
    It is the same one for all Mk2 Ph2 Clios...just take parts person out and show them...and explain its all in one piece...he/she might (could be wrong) have thought it was the whole plastic piece, rather than just the gear gaitor.

Just phone them...if they give you a crap price (ie wrong part), then try another dealer by phone...ask for part number and use that! :wink:

Use the old Search Button (Cheers Da/Daz) Part Number is 8200071449

10. missvavavoom

missvavavoom

Car:
    182 FF
    Woop!! Thanks everyone, part ordered - big love x