ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gear box problems adive please!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
was driving home today to find my car was refusing to go into 2nd gear! i took it up to ma mates garage n he told me it would cost a fortune to fix the internals or summat so as i was drivin home i jus went off ma head n battered it into 2nd and it works fine again!! maybe a gear linkage?? any answers would be helpful and wat to do now?

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
its a 53 plate n theres no warrenty left on it the bloody arnold clark only gave me a 3 month warrenty or summat!! think i might find away to get rid of it coz theres no way a can afford to get it done just now im goin to benidorm in 8 wks!! lol

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
yeah so it isnt a new gearbox then?? where abouts do i find the gearbox oil bit?? brake fluid was a drama to find as it is with the unpractical enginebay!!

yeah so it isnt a new gearbox then?? where abouts do i find the gearbox oil bit?? brake fluid was a drama to find as it is with the unpractical enginebay!!

ha ha if you think brakes diffiult you've got a nothing else to comapire with

Gear oil is on the front of the gearbox facing the radiator there a little butterly nut on it fill the box up so it takes no more oil.