ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz Coilovers Any Good?

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
The rear dampers on our 182 are shot so I thought it would be a good time to fit a coilover kit. I have been finding out that trying to find a kit for a 182 with the cup suspension is more than a little difficult unless you have £1000+.

I was hoping to spend around £800 max and pick up a set of KW V1 but alas they dont make them for the cup. Anyway after some ringing around I found out Ktec do a set made by GAZ for £445+ VAT
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1441

Has anyone fitted these? and are they any good? I'm after a set that handle well that aren't too "crashy".

It would be even better if someone local with them could take me out for a drive so I can see what their like.

Thanks for the help

Rich :)

I had the exact same prob mate, asked the same question, but poeple dont rate those gaz coilovers, its a case of you get what you pay for, at the moment im replacing my standard dampers and getting eibach sportlines.
Im saving up for AST coilovers and top mounts!

Never been in a car with them, just going by what i get told!
Hope it helps

330Ci Clubsport
you shouldnt believe all you hear on forums, especially re suspension as its a very personal thing.

there is a gold edition too bit more upmarket with adjustable damping might be worth a look.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Its a nightmare, I'm wondering if it would be possible to fit 172 hubs or modify a set of coilovers for the 172. I just want it too handle as well as our 197, then it really will be better ;)