ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gave the 172 Cup a good clean!!

PH2 172
As the weekend was really nice i decided to give the 172 cup a good clean over as it was looking abit dirty.

The steps i took:

Jetwashed car of 1st,
Washed the car including doorshuts with AG bodywash shampoo,
Jetwashed of again,
Dryed using a megauirs water magnet including door shuts and boot,
Polished using AG SRP,
Cleaned windows using AG fast glass,
Polished backbox with metal polish,
Waxed wheels with megauirs spraywax,
Tyres dressed using valeting rubber dressing,
Gave the inside a good hoover out and polish.

I also decided to clean up the engine bay as it was starting to look abit grumby so i:

Polished all the paint parts showing including engine cover inside of the bonnet etc,
Cleaned all the plastics and sprayed black to black over them,
Cleaned and sprayed the inlet and fuel rail bit with silver heat prove paint and rubbed the Renault sport part down with sand paper and polished it up using metal polish.

031.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

PH2 172
I do have stonechips mate just in pics dosnt show but dads a sprayer so going into booth very soon to have a few things tidyied up im very picky lol

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Hey man, With your engine bay, did you take the bits off to spray? If so, is it hard to get them back on, as i wanna do mine but dont want to ruin the engine if i mis-align something!

PH2 172
Alrite mate nope left it all on there rubbed it all down got crap of then masked it up then sprayed using the heat prove paint and then let it dry for 15mins or so then fitted engine cover back on very easy. but i did take the fuel rail of its only 2 10mm bolts easy as mate.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
The fuel rail being the square ish box section at the fron with 3 holes in the front edge right? If so, im gonna whip mine off tomo and do it heatproof black alongside my rs engine badge me thinks. . . . .

PH2 172
Yea they would iv only just got them plates i asked for plain but thats what i got cant complain got them cheap as him being part of my family so cant moan i was going to sell it but might tidy it up abit more get splitter on and some over bits and bobs