ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaming Headphones - XB360?

SQ5
Certainly recommended then?

Am I right in thinking they have their own surround sound system, so you don't need a home cinema to benefit from them?

Yea they're awesome.

Just use an optical output of either the TV or the Xbox and you've got your surround sound!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FFSnake. Shopto and Tesco both out of stock for the forseeable future. Shopto say they should have them in first week of December, but can't guarantee it.

I'm not paying over £100 for them.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
No worries. It's quite a cool package really. It's basically the guide book in colour as a PDF. I'm going to print it out at work later on this week :cool:

M135i, 118 coupe
Could you connect two pairs of headphones to one tv or play station?

(don't suggest get surround sound there is a reason for two sets)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Could you connect two pairs of headphones to one tv or play station?

(don't suggest get surround sound there is a reason for two sets)

I did notice from the vids on the X41 that you can connect a jack to one pair and plug them into another pair of headphones and they will also hear the same sounds as the X41. Which was quite clever.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Everywhere is out of stock of the X41's until mid-December. Saying that, Airetech seem to expect stock in on the 8th. So I've registered and pre-ordered but they haven't taken payment until I commit to it. £95 including delivery.

I even tried the refurb route on Ebay but there are none left.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Very. I'm actually contemplating just getting the X31's.

Will I really notice that much difference without the 7.1? I'm unsure.

Edition 30
Very. I'm actually contemplating just getting the X31's.

Will I really notice that much difference without the 7.1? I'm unsure.

No, don't worry. Mine are still going strong after a year.

I swap between them and my X1's and the sound difference isn't much.

Get X31s if you can't be arsed to wait...

Honda. Tesla Someday
I have the Turtle Beach X41's, gift from my girlfriend. They are EPIC!!

7.1 surround etc! Brilliant + wireless!

LY Megane R26
Also thinking of getting a headset for Christmas.

Was thinking of getting the X41 as mentioned above but there sold out everywhere! I don't really fancy paying more than £100 tbh. I Have also read that crackles and pops can occur due to the wireless?

I then found the DX11 which apparently are the same as the X41 just not wireless but has the DSS from the box using the X11 headset. These are priced at anywhere from £90-£120.

That then got me thinking, that apparently the X11 has now been replaced for the X12.
Which acording to Turtle Beach:
"The X12 builds on the success of the legendary X11, the best selling XBOX gaming headset of all time, adding 50mm speakers and adjustable bass for professional-grade sound quality that delivers a competitive advantage"
They also apparently are more comfortable than the X11 using deeper custions and a fabric mesh head band.
These are £35 in Tesco at the moment, rrp £49 in some shops (argos, amazone)!

Now would it be best to purchase the X12 for £35 along with a DSS from ebay at £40? Total of £75
Or am I missing somthing :/

Cheers

AK

M240i
Yes. X12 + DSS.

I've got the X11 and until recently didn't have the DSS. First time I plugged it in you could instantly tell it was better sound.

7.1 surround sound.

LY Megane R26
Sweet, Cheers!

So there's nothing the X41 has over the X12 with DSS apart from wireless?

Someone posted a link with the DSS on eBay for £40. Is that a good place to buy it from?

Cheers

AK

M240i
Yep, exactly where I got it from, the Turtle Beach outlet store on eBay.

As far as I can tell there's nothing that the X41 has over the X12 with DSS apart from wireless.