ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaksets needed for decat

S2000

Im planning to fit my new exhaust and decat tomorrow (have been meaning to for ages but never got round to it) and just had a few questions.

Do you need new gaskets for fitting the decat? I have seen a lot of people mention this but I have also been told by some that you do not and just to put a fair bit of exhaust putty on. If I do need these are they only availiable from renault or could I get them at any motor factor?

Should it be easy enought to fit this with the car just up on axle stands as I dont have a pit or anything I can use.

What size bolts are used at the decat because I wouldnt mind fitting ome new ones but dont know what ones are needed - are they renault specific ones or can I just get them at any DIY shop?

Is there anything else I should look out for when fitting?

Thanks.

Ph1

The answer is no depending on if the gasket has rusted.

I had this same question last week.

I went into the Reno dealer and on the zorst side is a metal coated type thing of a gasket which they said if it handnt rusted was ok to re-use on the decat. On the other side is a spring type kit which dosent need changing.

the only thing was mine was leaking a wee bit where the slats are on the exhaust where they mate up to the cat and where you put the clamp to hold the zorst together. I just used some bandage stuff from Halfords for £3;50

Putting a small bit of sealent on the zorst side wont do any halm.

your in for a treat...hell it makes a difference having a de-cat on !!!

500bhp Scoob

Just use some exhaust putty around the flanges, when you tighten the bolts up it should form a good seal.

If not use some silicone sealant, the exhaust doesnt get hot enough to burn the silicone, and its flexable :)