ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

G1 wiper judder

GTD, Lupo
The other day i cleaned all my car windows with g5 and followed up with g1. 3 layers applied to windscreen and 2 layers to all the other windows. Cleaned off with one pass with the g2 then buffed with a cotton towl. Im amazed with the finish and way the water just runs away but im suffering from a lot of wiper judder when they are at a low speed.

Do i need another pass with the g2 or would new wipers cure this problem? The wipers are 7 months old.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
G5 is there semi sealant, g4 is there polish. You need to remove the residue as your wiping it with g2 otherwise it starts to set again.

Also are the wipers new or old? Have you cleaned the blades themselves? This part is very important

If it's not too bad, a daily spray of your washer jets providing they have screen wash and not water will start to very slowly remove any left over residue

GTD, Lupo
Sorry Dave i meant g4 not g5. The wiper blades are 7 months old and not been cleaned. Is that as simple as a quick wipe down or just better to grab some new ones.

If new wipers fail i will try with another pass of the g2 but will wipe away as i pass.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely clean them or buy new ones mate. Wipers can take some abuse in this country.

GTD, Lupo
Just to conclude on this as i gave the car a wash this evening. Wipes given a clean using some vinegar and the windscreen cleaned with one pass of the g2. All sorted now so thanks guys.