ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

G-Techniq Products

May as well start a new thread for this, as the other one was getting more off topic.

Really impressed with what I've read/seen of these products, so I'm looking at getting this:
http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/kits/gtechniq-tsp-exterior-only/

I was looking at the full kit, but a couple of things in there I doubt I'd really need.

One thing I've noticed about the kit, the one bit I'm really interested in is the G1 Glass product. Now most places I've seen sell it with the G2 stuff, which I've read you use on top of the G1. Do you really need that? I hope that the G2 come with the G1 bit anyway.

I might get the leather guard too, as I have nice leather seats at the moment.

Anything else I should consider that isn't in the kit?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
G2 is a dilution of IPA , 1:3 i believe, and is used to remove the dried residue left on the screen. Use anything too strong and it nay affect or remove the g1. I would imagine even though not mentioned it is needed so will come with it.

Id also get gwash

C1, C4 and C5 are the same product. It depends on how much you think you'll need. Will you do all the wheels, plastics and paint? If so, 50ml bottle of C1 at a maximum will do that lot, I would think.

Another thing....I'm used to putting wax over my sealant.

Is the C1 a last stage product? I assume there's no need to put anything on after, like wax?

No need for protection purposes, but it may add to the looks. Gally C1s then Glasurs over the top.

Red
Brilliant thread.

I'm buying a black car next week... It's perfect bar the colour. Really want a long lasting sealant for it. 6 months say at least, I take it C1 is the boy for that then I can add a wax on top for looks yeah?

Brilliant thread.

I'm buying a black car next week... It's perfect bar the colour. Really want a long lasting sealant for it. 6 months say at least, I take it C1 is the boy for that then I can add a wax on top for looks yeah?

Yarp.

182 FF, A6 Avant
I have C1 on my A6 (Along with C5, G1, I1, L1 & C6!) It's excellent.

No point using a wax over the top of C1. Use C1.5 instead. Far easier to use and still gives a bit more to the gloss and depth. Far easier to use than a wax too.

I need to correct the paint on my 182 and that will probably be getting C1 as well. I may try some of the wolfs stuff though.