ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuse layout

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
can anyone help with a fuse layout on a clio 172 ph1? i need a layout for the engine bay fusebox

CLIO Iceberg 172
the fuse for the aircon isnt in the main engine bay, they are only the fuel pump and ignition fuses, the three relays however are two brown one purple, one of the brown ones, iirc is the one on the left end of the line, is the aircon relay, if your aircon isnt kicking in then its more likly to be empty then anything like a fuse, there is a saftey feature where they dont click in when the pressure is to low.
if you are still looking for the fuses they are in the panel on the side of the dash by the passanger, open the door and they are on the end of the dash.

if that still dont fix it try replacing the relay... for some reason when i got mine someone had removed the relay completly so for £2 out of the scrappy its a cheap part

Noj

Jaguar S-Type Sport
where are the relays? had a quick look but couldn't see any brown or purple ones unless i'm being thick :S

CLIO Iceberg 172
righthand side of the engine under the cover next to the battery at the front of the bay

Attachments

• relays what i should have.jpg
    relays what i should have.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 352
  Clio 172 ph2 brick
Hi, I have a clio 172 ph2 and my air conditioning and vent don't work. Can you tell me if could be relay? and can i found him.
Thanks.

172 CUP
sorry for digging this up again can someone post what there fuses/relays look like. My 53 plate 172 cup looks like this and im trying to find out what the relays do. and which one is the starter relay.
attachment.jpg

172 CUP
yea not sure why its not in the book.

I might just replace all the relays in the hope one isnt working I assume one is relating to the starting circuit as the biggest brown one in my photo is the one i take out and put back in to help it start. Its also a little corroded on the bottom but before i go repairing it i just wondered if im going down a dead end and removing the wiper relay or something.

Steve

172 CUP
ive now sorted the cup and its working i had replaced the large brown relay in the picture above but this didnt solve it. I then started swapping the two smaller brown ones around only to be left with a car that turns over but never starts and shows the little electrical light on the dash.

Read somewhere that this relay is the same as one under the passenger foot-well so grabbed that ne and started swapping it out only to find i can now start the car every time. Im not sure what now dosnt work with out that relay under the glove box but all i can find is the front fog lights not working, i am going to wait for the new ones to turn up though.