ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

full service history

2002 clio 172
At the moment my car has full service history. Book been stamped etc. I've got a mate who's a qualified mechanic but doesn't work at a garage. He said he'll service my car for nothing. Obviously I'd have to buy the parts. Only problem is, I won't get the book stamped. Would people be put off if I came to sell it and book hadn't been stamped for a few years? What do you lot do on here?

Suzuki Jimny
It's a 2002 clio so I wouldn't be worried about having a stamp from a garage as long as the records are kept. Some people are strange though and neeeeeeeed to see a stamp even if the work hasn't been done properly!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Personally, I'd note it down in the service book when the service has been done, what's been done and keep ALL the receipts for the oil, filters etc.

It wouldn't put me off as when you're buying a car off someone as long as it has all the receipts.

Fiesta ST3
staple the receipts to the service page, write down in the service box what was done etc, sign it and put your telephone number on it

job done