ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

full beam not working!

clio 172 mk2
i recently got a clio mk2 ph2 172 and just noticed tonight that my full beam doesn't work at all, not even the blue full beam light.

car has xenon headlights if this makes any difference. i have read about the stalk replacement,the stalk clicks as it should when u pull it back but nothing happens.

have checked the fuses and they are fine. anyone had this problem and got to the bottom of it?

another thing i have noticed is that when i lock the car the cd/radio lights stay on (standard cd player) is this normal?

clio 172 mk2
where exactly are these relays? i had a look just now but can't see any block type relays, the car has a toad alarm so i think the wiring has been fiddled with. should i see them by looking under the glovebox dash area?

clio 172 mk2
ok i have checked the relays this morning, one or two were loose but didn't solve my problem,

fuses are fine, the stalk clicks as it should and all other lights work just not high beam.

anything else i can try? is it likely to be the stalk? most other post iv'e read about stalks seems to be about the dipped beam not working. would it be the same with high beam?

clio 172 mk2
someone must have had this problem! doesn't sound like the usual stalk issue so does anyone know what relay powers the high beam?

clio 172 mk2
changed stalk today and no change. anyone know what relay is for high beam?

there must be some electrical gurus on this forum.

clio 172 mk2
still haven't got to the bottom off this, so far i have,
changed the stalk
changed the bulbs
checked relays with battery and multimeter
there is no power getting to the high beam fuses so i guess this is why they don't work, but does anyone know of reasons there is no power getting to the high beam fuses? dipped beam fuses recieve power normally.
can someone tell methe order in which the power travels to the headlight i.e stalk to fuses to relays etc.