ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Beam not working - Clio 172

Ok, I searched the forums and the common cause of this seems to be a broken indicator stalk. I have since replaced mine with a new one and this did not solve the problem.

I have checked the fuses before and after doing this and none of the light ones have blown.

What can I try next? I live down country roads so Full Beam is kind of essential!

Nimbus Megane R26
Hey mate i had this once on my 182. Look on your passenger side under the dash (where ur feet go) and you'll see all fuses etc, there you'll find about 6 black relays..push them all up and make sure they are fully in their sockets..mine were loose causing full beam to flicker and die.

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
Hey mate i had this once on my 182. Look on your passenger side under the dash (where ur feet go) and you'll see all fuses etc, there you'll find about 6 black relays..push them all up and make sure they are fully in their sockets..mine were loose causing full beam to flicker and die.

same happened to me and it was the same thing as yours:) glad it was as didnt want to take it renault for them to give it me in the arse:lolup:

ValverInBits
mkII has lost his dips but still has side lights and beams.
Is there anyway of testing the relays?

Edit: If they were clear like the kind of relays you buy from maplin then obv you could see. I wouldnt know where to start with car relays tho

This is still an issue, I have replaced the bulbs and stalk, pushed in the relays and double checked the fuses - still not sorted.

I don't want to get shafted by a garage/auto electrician who are going to charge me a fortune. What more can I do?