ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel rail

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I've had a search on here with no joy:(.
What i need is some advise regarding the fuel rail, i'm now starting on the fuel side of my project and need a upgraded alloy fuel rail that will bolt onto the standard inlets with an fixing on both ends.

Can you tell me if a jenvey rail or any other make rail will fit using the oem injectors?, if you could post a link that would be great :).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Clio 172 ph2
I use Jenvey

5237d37d2bb6.jpg

- it is with AN-6 on both ends. And Torques UK braided PTFE hose and fittings (black):

84dab83c356a.jpg

You can order to do it for "Bosch style" or "PICO stylle". OEM Clio 172 are PICO style (really OEM are Magnety Marelly IWP042). I use Megane 225 injectors, they are PICO style too (while Clio 197 are Bosh style).

Just drop e-mail to Simon Joyce Sales@jenvey.co.uk and he will send you some order form ...

Clio 172 ph2
This is what I wrote in order form:

Part number: MFRxx
Description
: Steel Zink plated -6JIC male fittings 4 x Single fuel rail, for Renault Clio 172 inlet manifold (y2003 F4R736 engine), LHD car, Pico injectors

The problem is that's not really relevant - because you have a jenvey inlet manifold on your RS2

Whether a Jenvey rail will bolt into a standard manifold is a different question.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Thanks for the time you've taken to write your posts and all the info/pics, but as said by Phil your using a jenvey manifold so it don't fit.

I've spoken to jenvey them selfs and they don't do a fuel rail for standard inlet, however they said andy at k-tec has done this mod so i quickly rang him and turns out they gave up and didn't do the mod in the end. He then told me that cup racers had them (they use tatuus f3) and trying to find one is a nightmare.

A quick phone call to R-sports in London and asked them if they could get one, turns out they have one in stock :rasp: so he asked me what model car and if i need a return or not.
172's had a feed only (apparently)
formula 2000 had feed and return.

The price was £177.95+vat and should be here tomorrow so will upload a pic.

Cheers

Cup In bits
Should have spoke to Matijn or Jean Paul on here they would have sorted you out with a tatus and fuel pipes.

Standard fuel rails are used on Jenveys so no reason why Jenvey rail won't work on standard inlet. You will have to drill and tap the manifold to secure the rail as the Jenvey one doesn't rely on clio's to hold the injectors in but would work fine IMO.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Yeah it is expensive but it's needed so cost is irrelevant.

I've spoken to jean-Paul and he has a setup but wanted £310 posted for pump/lines/rail the thing is i don't need pump or lines and he wouldn't sell the rail separately so this is the cheaper option.

Whilst on the phone to the guy at jenvey he said they wouldn't fit, it wouldn't have bothered me making a custom bracket to hold it on but as there was lack of information or posts on here i didn't think there was any others available.

Reading what you said, thinking about it now yeah i've seen some use the standard rail on ITB's so could have fitted with little custom work but it's ordered and paid for now so can't cancel.
(Just means i've got a Gucci rail)

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
If your running standard inlets and are running the fuel rail guard you will need to make modification due to being bigger diameter than the standard part.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
With regards to fuel rail guard to be honest i don't think I will run it as a front end collision (if it did happen) won't protect it much if any at all, if i do go down the route of having it fitted i don't mind trimming it down here and there to fit.

I've emailed that guy in the link but no reply back, however depending on how cheap it would of been i didn't like the fact it's worn so would have needed it being repair welded.

As to fitting IBT'S i guest it could with a custom bracket (to go around) the rail and bolt to the manifold.
Similar to this but shaped to the rail (not round).
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/accessories/fuel-system/jenvey-dynamics/fuel-rail-mounting-pico-sfrc3

Clio 172 ph2
The problem is that's not really relevant - because you have a jenvey inlet manifold on your RS2

Whether a Jenvey rail will bolt into a standard manifold is a different question.

Yes, for sure - I use the same fuel rale with the standard manifold before. With other brackets, of cource.

Cup In bits
Could you not just get some spacers made to make it work?

I mean the injector spacing is fine, its the fixing that's the problem, if you have ever seen a Jenvey rail you would understand, there is two clamps that holds the rail onto the manifold which holds the injectors in place unlike the clio's of the standard plastic one.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I run the Jenvey rail and mounts with my RS2 which I had to make some spacers for but it works perfectly (unlike the standard fuel rail)

sy8a4ypu.jpg

Fred,

Is the port spacing on the 197/200 rail the same as the 172/182?

Clio 172 182 197 200
That 225 one looks to have a return hose and a pressure regulator? So would only work for ph1 172s?

Phil :) Get with it son LOL There for creating a car to have a FPR, the megane ones suffer from the fuel issues we all know.

Ive designed them for FA applications 172 182 so you can run a return , but have others for NA as well ;)

Phil :) Get with it son LOL There for creating a car to have a FPR, the megane ones suffer from the fuel issues we all know.

Ive designed them for FA applications 172 182 so you can run a return , but have others for NA as well ;)

Ahh right.

So this is a metal rail but to fit it to say, my car, I'd have to fit an FPR and run a return pipe to the tank?

Clio 172 182 197 200
Yes Phil a 3 or 4 bar reg in the end and then run a return to the tank, can come as push on pipes or An fittings