ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel light staying on?

BlackGold 182
Filled up last night and for some reason the light is still staying on? I just did a quick search and found it's probably the fuel sensor? If it's that then surely it wouldn't read that I have half a tank?

If it is that where is the sensor on my car? And how much are they?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Possibly the fuel sender unit that's faulty.

It's part of the fuel pump unit in the tank, about £120-130 + vat for a new one IIRC.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Not me personally, but I know that can be a fauly of the sender part. IIRC it's supposed to level off with the fuel and when it reaches a certain point the light comes on. If that part is broke or faulty, then the light stays on. Something like that anyways.

BlackGold 182
Oh I see I bloody hope it's not, would it be a big job for a garage? And is ther any harm if I left it?

BlackGold 182
Well I just reset the clocks using the stalk Thingy and it worked and cleared the fuel light :) thank god

Thanks for your help anyways

gdw

RS Clio 172
Just got the same problem this morning, tried resetting trip computer but no good.

I think i'll try adding more fuel but mine came on when parked on a slight incline waiting for the lights to change.

Try filling. I think mine came on similarly on a hill.
Might be completely wrong, but I'd imagine by filling it up it the sensor realised the fuel level was changing and reset itself.