ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fuel additive

soon to be 182 ;)
do they work, im thinking of getting some red-ex or similar next time i fill up will it make any difference to mpg, power etc?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The odd Red-ex can't do any harm and will give the system a clean but won't make your car any faster, theres a additive test on youtube somewhere that proved that certian ones lost cars bhp! :)

CLIO 172 CUP....
settleddown.....it all s**T mate wast of time...

if you are gonna use any think use abit off redx every now and then just to keep things clean...

Stripped yozza'd cup
No. None of this halfords 'gives you 20hp' s**t works.

Getting power from an engine, especially this one, is not cheap. There are no miracle power gains to be had. Stop looking. Lol

182 FF (Black Gold)
settleddown.....it all s**T mate wast of time...

if you are gonna use any think use abit off redx every now and then just to keep things clean...

Use to use it on my old oil burner it worked well at clearing up the enigine and stopped it sounding quite rough on cold starts. My 182 is perfect so not looking to use said products, may try a bottle and see what happens, no harm eh? :)

No. None of this halfords 'gives you 20hp' s**t works.

Getting power from an engine, especially this one, is not cheap. There are no miracle power gains to be had. Stop looking. Lol

But its not Halfords s**t, its from the actual company NOS Halfords happen to sell it. On the box it says something like only for racing use, so it caught my eye a little :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Which is exactly why they write 'only for racing use' on the bottle. Because it makes the chavs feel naughty when they're putting it in their road cars. Why would it be just for racing use???? It wouldn't... And if it was, they wouldn't sell it in halfords.

I promise you it will make no difference at all.

Stripped yozza'd cup
It says 'Developed to increase octane effect up to 7 points.' so it's saying it will turn your standard unleaded into a 102 octane racing fuel....

No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

182 FF (Black Gold)
So it does nothing then at all? Just asking mind, not planning on sticking some in my fuel cap :D! So all it would do is boost the octane in the fuel?

Stripped yozza'd cup
'Recommended for high-performance engines plus marine, industrial, lawn, farm and recreational'

Lol. Only for racing use, but also suitable for your lawnmower. Racing lawnmower I assume.

Stripped yozza'd cup
So it does nothing then at all? Just asking mind, not planning on sticking some in my fuel cap :D! So all it would do is boost the octane in the fuel?

I'm just spamming your thread now. Lol. Sorry mate.

It may boost the octane slightly, but no more than just buying v-power or the like. And personally, I don't think my car runs any differently on 95 or 99ron fuel.

182 FF (Black Gold)
I'm just spamming your thread now. Lol. Sorry mate.

It may boost the octane slightly, but no more than just buying v-power or the like. And personally, I don't think my car runs any differently on 95 or 99ron fuel.

Mine runs a lot better on V-Power, feels much much smoother if I cain it, Hmmm just always intrested me about these NOS bottles, now I know there pants! :D

Stripped yozza'd cup
Mine runs a lot better on V-Power, feels much much smoother if I cain it, Hmmm just always intrested me about these NOS bottles, now I know there pants! :D

I bet, if I took your car away, filled it up with petrol and asked you to tell me whether it was high octane or not, you wouldn't be able to. Just placebo again IMO. High octane makes a difference if you have a highly tuned N/A car, or a turbo.

182 FF (Black Gold)
so no better mpg as it says?

http://www.tesco.com/Momentum99/productBenefits.asp

regards the 1,4 corsa, not the same car i know but similar?

Yes mate you will get better MPG but its 5ppl more, you wont get that money back by having something like 1/2mpg more. Just buy the cheaper stuff and you will save more money that way Hope that makes sense?

I bet, if I took your car away, filled it up with petrol and asked you to tell me whether it was high octane or not, you wouldn't be able to. Just placebo again IMO. High octane makes a difference if you have a highly tuned N/A car, or a turbo.

I can mate, simple. I know my car and exactly what fuel it loves to drink. Supermarket fuel or 95RON makes my car run crap. Maybe I am just seeing it as a placebo but I am 99.9% sure I could tell if you put cheap 95RON fuel in.

182 FF (Black Gold)
Mate its being done by Thorney Motorsport? A bunch of liars! And its only tested agains Tescos own 95 fuel, its crap as it is. All supermarket fuel is. I honestly call bulls**t on a corsa gaining 5BHP more just for using 99RON, HAHA what a load of cobblers.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Settleddown is right.
The article you're looking at is written by tesco, they're hardly going to say it's s**t are they.
99ron will give you slightly better mpg, but not enough to justify the cost.

MCN tested 99ron fuel against 95ron on a dyno test with a pair of superbikes, both runs on both bikes returned exactly the same bhp and torque figures.

Unless your ecu has the ability to adapt to fuel octane level (which I doubt the Clio does(anyone?)) then it won't make a blind bit of difference to power.

It will however, run a bit more cleanly.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Within reason. They give no performance gain, but in the vee they make it run alot smoother, also pop's and bangs like foook!!! We buy in 25l Drums, used for racing and classic cars.

only thing it will increase is how fast ur wallet empty's nothing but a load of rubbish

Not really as said in this thread it depends on what your using it for. for example this a 1.2 will make no difference. but this in my other car which is an actual JDM y0! using 97 or 95ron compared to 99 can lose you up to 30bhp as its compensating so it doesnt knock. So if you dont have any 99ron pumps around and you need to run higher RON then its ok.

inferno 182cup
i had to run 99 + octane booster every fill up in my import lagacy gt-b tt. all my mates who had same or simaler subarus didnt and ended with hole in pistons. scince then ive always used 99 not for its ridiculious claims of power but jus for peace of mind.