ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FRP - I want!!!!!!!!!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice example, a mate of mine's mrs just bought him one for xmas apparently, they are kinda cool but they do really lack straighline pace compared to a clio.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E90 M3
I can't work out if the faint tapping sound that I can hear is either the tapping of the Zetec or the fapping of the Gally.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
I'd rather have a trophy TBH.

Same, it doesnt strike me as a car where you'll be able to enjoy every day for fear of vandalism/depereciating like a stone with miles etc, unlike Trophys which have taken an absolute nose dive in residuals of late.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What they loose in speed they make up for in looks and grip Chip :)

I dont think a lot of the looks of them TBH mate, they certainly corner ok but you can get a fiesta to do better for far less money as they are lighter.

They are ok cars, but TBH I view them as overpriced for what they are, you need to be really "into" them to pay anything like what they sell for, not be buying a car on merit.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd rather have a trophy TBH.

Agreed, even if they were the same price, but even more so with the trophys actually being cheaper at the moment, which makes no sense at all but shows how much more committed to spending money ford owners are in general, lol

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think a lot of the looks of them TBH mate, they certainly corner ok but you can get a fiesta to do better for far less money as they are lighter.

They are ok cars, but TBH I view them as overpriced for what they are, you need to be really "into" them to pay anything like what they sell for, not be buying a car on merit.

Are you trying to make Gally explode?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they look superb.

Price does seem a bit steep but they're only worth what someone will pay for them. If folks are happy to pay £7k for them then that's what they'll sell for and so that's what they're worth.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I would rather own a 182 cup than that tbh.

TBH despite being "worth" only about 25% as much, I would take a tidy standard phase 1 over it personally. I just think the 1*2 is a better car full stop.

But it would be a boring world if we all liked the same cars. And at least the FRP has the option of a diff without spending the value of the car out again like a ph1 clio would need, lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Titanium 182
Am with Gally on this one, they are a excellent but of kit, why he sold it for pussys car I will never know lol

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Am with Gally on this one, they are a excellent but of kit, why he sold it for pussys car I will never know lol

I'm not sure. I think an RS Clio would be a better car than the FRP, and I know a V6 Audi TT is much better car than the Clio. In the same order for power/speed too. Ok maybe the Audi is a bit dull to drive compared to a 1*2 but then the Audi has a much better build quality and is a much nicer place to sit in, not to mention the exceptional noise it makes!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Superleggera'd Bean
I can't work out if the faint tapping sound that I can hear is either the tapping of the Zetec or the fapping of the Gally.

SAM-JACKSON-CLAPPING-GIF.gif

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182, Astra Sri
Don't see the big deal with them myself

However, whoever is shopping for one. That one looks like very well looked after example!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought that. You wore me down eventually chap! Shame you stay so far away mate, a pint and chat would be most fun. Genuinely.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought that. You wore me down eventually chap! Shame you stay so far away mate, a pint and chat would be most fun. Genuinely.

Indeed mate, we will have to arrange a meetup the night before CSS or something this year, managed to miss you last year as I had to pop out of the show for a bit at the point my mrs and dawn ended up bumping into you so I missed you

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It wasn't till the end of CSS someone told me they were speaking to you, totally missed you altogether. I won't know until later this year if we're going. Hopefully.