ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front/steering goes light at speed?

Clio 182
Has anyone else experienced this at say 70 or above? It's rather disconcerting having the feeling that the front wheels are just barely touching the ground....

But, I'm not sure if this is in my head. I have however just noticed it.

Btw all Tyres at correct pressures, nearly new and 4 wheel alignment just done.

Thanks for any response.

Black 172
Yeah, I find my 172 is a little like this. It doesn't feel very "planted" at speed, but I just put it down to it being a small, lightweight FWD car. It's not too bad either, I can live with it. I've seen quite a few threads about it so quite a few of them must be like it, so it's probably not much to worry about, but it depends how bad it is...

Oil Burner
New tyres have this effect on my car, it also tramlines more significantly, it think its to do with the weird front geometry on the clios and their tendency to knacker top mounts. I also find with worn tyres that on full lock in a car park it feels like the car wants to understeer lots.

Anyway i find after a thousand miles or so everything returns to normal.