ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Spot lamp - MOT

Ph2 172
Anyone know the score with the front fog/driving lamps relating to MOT's.

Mine has a broken glass, but the lamp still works perfectly.

I understand you need to buy the complete unit and can't get glass (fairly obvious i guess!).

I think it's a failure for MOT, but not totally sure. Anyone else know?

Oyster Card
Maybe just take them out for the MOT and put them back in after?
if it's illegal that is, which I dont see it being as it's not compusery(however you spell it) to have front foggys.

Ph2 172
Yeah did considder that as an option!!!!

Failing that, anyone know where best to get one cheap?? just looking on GSF site, looks like they are £34 +VAT+delivery. Not too bad, but ends up just under £50 all in.

Megane225FF
Dont think they test the front foggy's... not 100% on that though..
Lights
All required lights are checked for:​
  • operation

• [*]condition

[*]security
Side lights and headlamps
  • are the correct type and colour

• [*]dip and aim.
Stop lights, indicators and hazard lights*
  • are the correct type and colour

• [*]do not interfere with each other in operation

[*]driver's tell-tale works with respect to indicators, or there is an audible warning system.
Rear Fog lamps**
  • must be fitted to the centre or offside of the vehicle

• [*]tell-tale must work
    [*]must not be affected by other lamps and not be obscured

[*]must be red.
Number plate lamps
  • All original lamps must be fitted and working.
Rear reflectors
  • There must be two reflectors fitted reasonably symmetrically, securely attached and not obscured.
* Must be fitted to all vehicles first used on or after 1st April 1986, but if fitted, must be tested.
** Must be fitted to all vehicles first used on or after 1st April 1980

Da

Less
front fogs are NOT tested, they are an optional extra, whereas the rears are a legal requirement and will be tested.

106 GTi
Yeah - none of the fog or driving lamps on my 309 GTi worked and it passed for a couple of years before I bothered to mend them.

Ph2 172
Cheers guys, that makes it easier i must say!!

I have a new one on the way now, but at least i don't need to fit it in such a hurry

Da

Less
No worries mate, if they do notice it's cracked it may just be noted as an 'advisory'.