ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speakers

Clio 172
Hi guys,

I've recently installed my vibe active sub, 6x9s and I've got a cr@ppy little amp powering the 6x9's just want to get it finished off now with some decent front speaker are these components or tweeters?? Any recommendations, does the dash have to be taken out to fit the tweeters, and can the front speakers be powered off my head unit (apline 9886) or should I get a better amp and run my 6x9's and front speakers off this?

Thanks

Evo 8 MR
Personally I would put better components in the front doors but run them off the headunit, forget about the tweeters in the dash just fade the output to the rear slightly and if you put amped components in the rear then you have a decent setup.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
for covenience pioneer do a replacement front set, speakers and tweeters with the correct connectors etc. not bad for the money apparently

Mk2 172
Personally I would put better components in the front doors but run them off the headunit, forget about the tweeters in the dash just fade the output to the rear slightly and if you put amped components in the rear then you have a decent setup.

Amped components in the rear!!! WTF. Amping the fronts is the only way to do it!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Amped components in the rear!!! WTF. Amping the fronts is the only way to do it!

Gotta agree.
Seems you have the setup the other way about mate.
Idealy, go for front components (amped) sub & amp in the boot and run your rear speakers (standard is enough) off the head unit.