ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Mounted Intercooler Companies?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Hi, I'm looking for a FMIC company like FORGE to produce a custom setup for my 1.2 TCE. I've tried contacting M.West through here but to no avail for the intercooler measurements and setup he has! The only real issue I have with these companies is that they are all based in England or far north which leads me to trouble as I cannot leave the car if I go traveling unless I stay in accommodation which is expensive. Does anyone know a company around the Wales area in which I can have them produce a custom setup for me?

Much appreciated.

Good idea on the bends. Well I can't talk much about the smaller eBay coolers, but the 300x600x76 cooler we had fitted to the 1.8t's was out performing the forge race item that was larger and 10x the price

Range Rover Sport
Garrett cores tend to be the best regardless of price.

I highly doubt you'd notice any difference between a £50 and £500 core for the engine you have.

Bare in mind if you go too big you may increase turbo lag...

Garrett cores tend to be the best regardless of price.

I highly doubt you'd notice any difference between a £50 and £500 core for the engine you have.

Bare in mind if you go too big you may increase turbo lag...

Indeed a Garrett core would be the best of the best, but are mega money and don't even come with the end tanks.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Ok. Is it best to measure this up myself? What tools do I need removing the front bumper and for measuring where the intercooler sits?

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Concept racing are based in Ross on Wye and are fantastic to say the least!

http://conceptracing.co.uk

They will be able to sort you out with the bends you are after too

Thank you! Reguarding Turbo lag, the car runs sweet (Yes its warmed up correctly) with plenty of punch for such a low engine size, you wouldn't even think its a 1.2, more like a 1.7+. But after a while of hard driving, it loses its punch completely which is down to the inter-cooler not cooling the air correctly because its probably absolutely boiling. I don't mind turbo lag, just want that consistent punch. I've not opted to go with an EVO Cooler (Obviously), but rather a thin and long one so it catches more air.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Is the DCI 100 intercooler specifically made for 100BHP? I want something with a bit more headroom, preferably 200BHP as this will be my project car for the next 5 years (Providing it doesn't blow up ;)).

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Nope it's just what was fitted to the 100 model. My dci 80 has a full radiator sized IC from factory.
the 100 IC can handle more than enough , stock boost on them is 1.5bar ~

only been pushed to 130hp from memory. So dunno it's full potential.

172cup
I used 2 different companys on my ford rs one was radtec and then proalloy and I would say proalloy was the best well made and I could feel the difference

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Pro Alloy are who ive always used for custom stuff, but nearer to you would be Spec-R, Pete is awesome at his fabrication work and hes sponsored and looked after a mates needs within Time Attack for a good few years, I cant fault the quality or performance of his products.

its actually my mates focus (or was until he pulled it apart for a newer project) on the spec r home page.

you could do a lot worse than giving him a shout, but he doesn't come cheap.

http://www.spec-r.co.uk/