ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front end knocking

3 days ago I fitted new wishbones on both sides, yesterday whilst out I heard a knock now it is knocking quite a lot on both sides all nuts and bolts are tight only think I can think is he arb drop link rubbers that go on the wishbone as the old ones were reused.

ive checked underneath there is no play of movement in the arms or mounts puzzled as to what it could be.

CursedTitanium 182FF
I'm investigating a knock on the front right of mine, if I find it I'll share my findings.

What makes yours knock?

Initial pull of, odd bump in the road, steering.

can go over speed bumps without knocking, it's not always there either.

CursedTitanium 182FF
172 or 182? Old style top mounts or updated version? Original suspension parts or renewed?

Clio 182 FF Orange
Inner Tie Rods !! i have just replaced mine as it was also knocking every now and then.... i have replaced them and hey presto all knocks have gone

Ok so, had new front shocks and springs, 2 front wishbones, 2 front arb stabiliser kit, and new dogbone mount.

and the knocking still happens. Going in garage Monday as I've had enough of it.