ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Driver Side Knocking When Not Under Load

tomsteer

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

Over the past coulple of days my cups developed a knocking noise coming from the drivers side, it only there when the engines not under load and when i'm not braking.

Due to the general lack of daylight hours at the moment I havent been able to have a thorough going over but I've had it up and done the usual 9-3 12-6 wheel checks, no movement at all, no noise when i move the turn wheel when its of the ground either. Pulled my caliper apart, everything is tight and seems perfect.

I've recorded a quick video which you can hear it on but its not too clear, at 15 seconds its pretty loud, at this point i'm slowing for an island and i'm off the accelerator but not on the brakes

Any ideas are much appreciaterd, I've got tomorrow off so I can have a better look then but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be awesome :)

I'm hoping its nothing major as I need the car really over the xmas period, dont really want to be driving at the moment, it sounds awful :(

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: