ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fried Motherboard?? HELP!

Clio 197
I've got a K7 motherboard.

I uninstalled my old 40GB HDD, to install a new 400GB HDD.

The drive was recognised by the BIOS, but Windows failed to recognise it once booted-up on the primary master.

I was tinkering with BIOS settings, when I got an error message... now the computer won't even startup.

I've reset the CMOS, and nothing has changed. All power is going to the MO-BO, but the screen is black, and I get a delayed beeping sound every 10 seconds.

Is it fried?

:( :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm probably wrong , somebody correct me if i am . I had a similar problem a while ago , a series of beeps a few seconds apart . It could either be your memory fcuked up , or could be your memory not seated right .If yu've got more than 1 stick of memory you could try leaving one in and checking if one of the sticks of memory is bad , a bit of trial n error .

Did you try putting your old 40gb hd back in and seeing if it boots up ?

Clio 197
Nope... I just disconnected the new one, to see if the primary master booted-up.

As it is, there's nothing on the screen - just a black screen, and a beeping MO-BO.

I'll try the memory, stdby.

Clio 197
Yay.. it's working. :)

Ok, now how on earth do I get windows to recognise my 400 GB HDD?

BIOS knows it's there, but windows dowesn't. :s

172 Cup
Oms said:
Yay.. it's working. :)

Ok, now how on earth do I get windows to recognise my 400 GB HDD?

BIOS knows it's there, but windows dowesn't. :s

Control panel > Adminastrative tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

The new HD should show up and you'll have to set it as active.