ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fresh new iceburg paint, care help

CLIO Iceberg 172
Hi guys,

Well stuck my iceburg 172 in for front end and roof to be done as it was having a new front bumper fitted. Well it turns out hes done the whole car!! all back to factory code looks mint!

right i pick the car up on monday and need to know some things before i go at it with wax and possibly destroy it.

First, how long should i allow the paint to harden off before i wash / go near it with chemicals and a pressure washer / snow foam

how soon should i Wax? (wax is CG pete 53)

The next bit is the boot. That is the only surface he hasn't painted so is it just a case of clean, Iron x and clay? before waxing?

as the car is 90% fresh paint im not really sure what i should be doing to protect it straight from the bodyshop.

cheers

CLIO Iceberg 172
nobody?
just picked up some Amigo to lightly prep it before laying down some extreame top coat and petes 53

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Did he ask before painting your whole car? or is he just charging the same price? i want mine done!

As above, depends if its baked or not, but be very careful not to mark it while its soft, that'd be gutting :(

CLIO Iceberg 172
yea it was low bake ovened. and nope he didnt ask... so will be the same price... if he trys to argue the point he ant gonna win lol. all done for 625!

Dodgy one
Leave it 2 week before you touch it, i wouldnt even wash it TBH.

Even though its been baked it'l still be soft enough to mark put swirls in etc if youve a poor wash technique.

CLIO Iceberg 172
Thats what i was thinking. i do use the two bucket one cup method lol and use a mit and lots of water etc so i think im doing it right. i always prep with a de bugger and bilberry clean the wheels before snow foaming and two bucket wash followed by a light blast with the jet wash and dry with uber drying towl and finish with CG quick detailer.

but yea i figured the paint might be too soft to take a going over just wanted a sort of time frame from some of you guys of how long i should leave it.

prob is would it take in crap due to the paint being soft? i live on a main road and also work in an industral areas would the paint not take up pollutants?

could i get away with CG speed wipe protection for a week or two?