ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frank Williams, and williams 001

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i was having a conversation with my neighbour whilst cleaning my car tonight and he was saying that Frank Williams is in a wheelchair because he wrote off williams 001

i didnt think this was so....does anybody know??

ex Clio 172 owner :(

lol I almost wish that was true
(purely coz the story to me is ridiculous)

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 03 September 2005 at 8:15pm]

VaVa

Williams 001 is still in his possession. Its a LHD. Dunno if there was a RHD 001, but the one that King Stromba got pics of is LHD. Seems odd that 001 is LHD and 002 is RHD.

001 is in the Renault storage in France its only got a few miles on the clock.

He crashed one of the first hybrid cars which although were Williams they were 1.8 16V cars convered to what became the Williams spec.

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 03 September 2005

001 is in the Renault storage in France its only got a few miles on the clock.

He crashed one of the first hybrid cars which although were Williams they were 1.8 16V cars convered to what became the Williams spec.
im sure its in the williams museum in some where like oxford, Stroma didnt leave the country to see it.
The car that was written off was a prototype with the code 1.
this is williams number 1 !!!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/cat171/williams1.jpgHERE. & http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/cat171/willone.jpgHERE.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

so the clio that he crashed and parralised himself in was actually the very first williams ( a prototype)

where as williams production number 001 still exsists

Frank had a car crash in 1986, nothing to do with a clio !
the prototype clio was written off by some one else.

There 2 Williams 1s though. The Swiss got there own alpine Williams. I think they only got a few cars though.

I though Strobe had gone to France to see it though Ive been wrong before though.

the car is in the uk, he took number 0002 along to the museum & got some pics of them both together.
im pretty sure that the car i posted up is the only williams number 0001, there are no others.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

ok so here we go again

the williams that was written off was the first williams in respect it was the williams prototype

the actual williams 001 is fine and is in a museum in england

and frank williams is in a wheelchair from an accident in another car

might sound like a stupid question but why is king strombas so special?

Yaris Hybrid

I think I have seen a picture of the car after the accident and it definitely wasnt a Clio. Just looked like some standard old mid eighties car to me. Saloon sized if I remember correctly.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 04 September 2005

ok so here we go again

the williams that was written off was the first williams in respect it was the williams prototype

the actual williams 001 is fine and is in a museum in england

and frank williams is in a wheelchair from an accident in another car

might sound like a stupid question but why is king strombas so special?

cos king strombas williams 1 is number 0002 . and he owns 0200 as well

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

haha king stromba!!

hows it going fatboy? long time no speak!

Quote: Originally posted by Crazy Clio on 04 September 2005

who the f**k is king stromba :D
Hes an older forum member who was banned.

His dedication to preserving the first run of Williams 1s in as good as new condition is superb.

He gets banned form most forums after some time meaning hes gt himself a reputation.

7.6cc :D

He was banned for arguing with Tom. He got banned and Tom got promoted to moderator (which was obviously a great move)

It was really fair :sleep:

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 04 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Crazy Clio on 04 September 2005

who the f**k is king stromba :D
He is the chairman of the 182 fan club :)
No, hes Chaiman of the 182 Trophy Fan Club now...;)

With the numbers, remember that the UK cars for the Williams (and the V6 230 and 255) are separate to the numbering for other countries

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

lol i love it!!! stromba =legend on here now! lol as soon as his names mentioned all the older forum members remember him well! he knows his stuff on the williams tho!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Quote: Originally posted by JillyB on 04 September 2005

He was banned for arguing with Tom. He got banned and Tom got promoted to moderator (which was obviously a great move)

It was really fair :sleep:
Erm... i think there was a little more too it than that?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Sorry but I can see where this is going, and its not going to be pretty so I think its best if this locked.

This was quite an interesting thread until it went off Willys and onto Strombas.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

why would someone like that get banned? seems the ideal type for forums like this.

how much would the williams in the museum be worth?