ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found this on a facebook ...

Not sure if anyone has uploaded it before or knows of it, but well..

IMG_1253.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 215
After carefully studying this particular image in extreme detail, taking into account the s**t exhaust, the fact there are multiple vehicles involved, I've came to the conclusion that there has indeed been a crash.

Looks like it was a CS'ers car at one stage

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2601316

And was a dog before being PX'ed
@Djw John

hahahaha! Research at its finest!

Apparently this is what was orignally wrong with it before it did a flip:

"f**ked! Needs a new subframe minimum, put it this way, I bought it for £3000! But then traded it for £3700 4 weeks later when I ran out of patience! If it could break it did, also needed a full respray, timing belt long long overdue cc not working, xenons work sometimes, exahusts refused to stay on it etc etc, basically unless you get it for a grand avoid it!"

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Flol! Can't believe it was still going tbh! Last I saw was probably about 4 years ago, a pic at the ring of all places.

It was a proper bucket back in 06 when I had it

KIF_1177.jpg

KIF_1179.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Any more pics or story behind it mate? It was my first 172, can't say I miss that one but it defo had a strong engine, probably the quickest standard out of all the ones I had.

Nah nothing else! I was just scrolling few facebook and it was on a page I liked, something about driving or other, scrolled through a few stupid photos of mishaps and collisions etc then this one was one of them! Not surprisingly mocking the parking skills haha. But that was it, had a few hundred likes and yeah!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aw maybe robson, was so long ago, when I bought it for £3k they were still going for £5.5k for normal ones, that's how long ago it was!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nah nothing else! I was just scrolling few facebook and it was on a page I liked, something about driving or other, scrolled through a few stupid photos of mishaps and collisions etc then this one was one of them! Not surprisingly mocking the parking skills haha. But that was it, had a few hundred likes and yeah!

Fair enough, it had lived a life, last I heard it ha gained fsh and lost a lot of miles!

Clio 182 arctic
With that aftermarket exhaust on, sticking right in your face. Could an insurer refuse to cover their policy holder if they say the extra power and speed contributed? I mean clearly speed was an issue.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
With that aftermarket exhaust on, sticking right in your face. Could an insurer refuse to cover their policy holder if they say the extra power and speed contributed? I mean clearly speed was an issue.

wont be any extra power, but will imply an extra chavvy driver, which in itself is a premium hike.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member

They would'nt need to prove anything about power or speed, if the exhaust is not standard, and not declared, they could refuse to pay out fullstop.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They would'nt need to prove anything about power or speed, if the exhaust is not standard, and not declared, they could refuse to pay out fullstop.

They will still have to meet the 3rd party claim initially, but could move to sue the driver to get the money back.