ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza Motorsport 5

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Doubt I'll bother with this and XBO for now tbh, going to see what everyone says about the game as Forza is all I'd really play.

Still loving Forza 4 anyway lol, and at least it has some of my favourite tracks. Winning factor so far for Forza 5 is the open wheel racers and spa, not enough to make it worth paying towards £500 for lol.

Nippy white cup
Gear change is just plain wrong lol but I suppose the Audi vid was better so hopefully it will be easy enough to sort. Remember FM3 didn't even have gear change animation at first then a small update added it so I'm hoping something similar will be done for any errors this time

Not aware of any F1 drivers with a prosthetic hand? Lol.

Anyway, whilst the displeasure here is somewhat justified, it's the same old thing every time: everyone wants everything, they want it now, and they want it cheap.

Developing games isn't easy. Getting everything right first time is impossible, much less doing it on time and in budget. I understand why people are annoyed by the "profiteering" DLC, but remember it IS about profit. If no one makes profit, no one develops any games. Also keep in mind that you're paying a pittance for these consoles. The money has to be recovered from somewhere. If you wanna talk value for money then try paying £1000 just for a graphics card :eek:

Fabia VRS & Yeti
The tyres just don't look right either on the F1 car, surely they could have put lettering on them to give them a sense of motion.
I don't think it sounds too clever as well but I won't be using it much anyway when I get the game, I prefer the road cars much more than the R prefix cars. Becuse crap at racing.

DLC is one thing but paying for tracks that were in previous titles is a bit extortionate.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Not aware of any F1 drivers with a prosthetic hand? Lol.

Anyway, whilst the displeasure here is somewhat justified, it's the same old thing every time: everyone wants everything, they want it now, and they want it cheap.

Developing games isn't easy. Getting everything right first time is impossible, much less doing it on time and in budget. I understand why people are annoyed by the "profiteering" DLC, but remember it IS about profit. If no one makes profit, no one develops any games. Also keep in mind that you're paying a pittance for these consoles. The money has to be recovered from somewhere. If you wanna talk value for money then try paying £1000 just for a graphics card :eek:

Bang on the money imo.

Day one DLC is abhorrent and does nothing but create a feeling of having the piss taken out of you as a customer IMO. Charging you for what is effectively a passcode to unlock content on the disc you've already paid for is an unpleasant business if you ask me.

Either way given I've zero interest in the latest COD or FIFA I'm not going out and buying an XBONE, plus Forza, plus renewing my XBL Gold just to play the one game. I could go and buy it, and the PS4 at the same time for that matter I'm just failing to feel it provides me VFM at this point and there are plenty of other things I could buy for my other hobbies that are more appealing so for now next gen can wait until it's a more appealing prospect.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well said, sir. :)

Revels Mum & Sister
Day one DLC is abhorrent and does nothing but create a feeling of having the piss taken out of you as a customer IMO. Charging you for what is effectively a passcode to unlock content on the disc you've already paid for is an unpleasant business if you ask me.

Either way given I've zero interest in the latest COD or FIFA I'm not going out and buying an XBONE, plus Forza, plus renewing my XBL Gold just to play the one game. I could go and buy it, and the PS4 at the same time for that matter I'm just failing to feel it provides me VFM at this point and there are plenty of other things I could buy for my other hobbies that are more appealing so for now next gen can wait until it's a more appealing prospect.

What a fag ;)

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Can't wait for this! I will end up spanking 100 quid on game & season pass again. i am officially turn 10's b**ch for another year!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Forza Motorsport 5 review - GameSpot - 9/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review - Destructoid - 9/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review - Gamereactor UK - 9/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review: drive angry | Polygon - 9/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review - IGN - 8.8/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review - AusGamers.com - 8.6/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review - Eurogamer.net - 7/10

Forza Motorsport 5 review - Joystiq - 4/5

Forza Motorsport 5 review - GamesBeat - 85/100

Seems the main issues are with lack of tracks. As suggested throughout this thread.

Last edited:
I've lost the small amount of interest I had. I'll look at getting an XBONE when Forza 6 comes out assuming it's not as pitiful an offering content-wise as 5 appears to be.

AK

M240i
It is, unfortunately, the way it is now. I can't think of a game recently which didn't have some element of DLC.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Well, this is quite interesting; it seems the graphics have been somewhat reduced in the final game as to what they were at the E3 show:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90611423&postcount=203

E3 show is the top image in all comparison shots.

Bit strange?

Couple of examples...

E3
2wdxd6.png

XBO final
2_2klzfy.png

E3
7nxliy.png

XBO final
7_7grart.png

CBR1K, F21 125D
Because they were running on high end PC' at E3?

Are you sure they're not PGR screenshots from the Xbox :clown:

Mito Sportiva 135
That could easily be to TV settings though before everyone starts conspiracy theories start. If you ever try changing the brightness, contrast and saturation levels on modern TVs you can totally alter the look of games, films and TV programmes. Shadows and detail especially change with the settings. Not to mention the quality of the TV itself.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That could easily be to TV settings though before everyone starts conspiracy theories start. If you ever try changing the brightness, contrast and saturation levels on modern TVs you can totally alter the look of games, films and TV programmes. Shadows and detail especially change with the settings. Not to mention the quality of the TV itself.

I don't think lowering or adjusting the TV settings would eliminate trees, mate.

Evo 5 RS
I've lost the small amount of interest I had. I'll look at getting an XBONE when Forza 6 comes out assuming it's not as pitiful an offering content-wise as 5 appears to be.

It was inevitable. It's a launch title.

Christ what's with the non existent track textures.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm not believing those pics tbh. The game can't go from looking like the 1st pic to the other one. Someones "fixed" something to make them look bad.

Evo 5 RS
Oh I'd believe it. It's always a mad panic with console launches. It's very difficult to push your dates back when you're in line to launch with the console itself. Rushed through quality control, removal of objects and textures is the easiest way to increase performance.

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't think lowering or adjusting the TV settings would eliminate trees, mate.

Ha touché! I was focusing more on the level of details, the shadows and metallic reflections in particular.

All the reviews are positive graphic wise though, although some have mentioned lack of dynamic times/weather a bit disappointing.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted... I really appreciate a bushy bonsai or towering evergreen as I fly past it at 150mph+.... LOL! :rasp:

I wouldn't worry too much. It still looks great for a launch title; better than I expected (if not truly a massive leap forward). Actually looking forward to hearing the audio as I hear *fnar fnar* it's rather good on a decent surround sound setup.