ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 5 Photo's and Vids thread.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
We've had one for every other Forza, add your's here :star:

11014670055_fde2467edc_c.jpg

1M by Matt Cup, on Flickr

11014891983_f7621a02ba_c.jpg

1M 2 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

11014667985_a146d153f5_c.jpg

OOPS by Matt Cup, on Flickr

Nippy white cup
Only took a few so far but I imagine there will be some amazing ones doing the rounds once the marketplace is open and you can buy plates etc

11050491414_f14ad5f927_h.jpg

11050492174_3d08d2aa55_h.jpg

11050548773_60c1775f27_h.jpg

C1 VTR (Company Car)
That first picture is stunning! Can barely tell it's been taken on a game.

Need to get an Xbone ASAP. Been playing Forza over the weekend on my mates and it's just so good.

Last edited:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Love those 500 pics!

woops!

can you share them straight from upload?

Woops indeed, that roll seemed a bit more natural than in FM4. Not sure on the sharing though, mines been packed away for xmas now but had to have a quick go beforehand, just to check the disc drive was working correctly :eek:

Polo + Micra
oh yeah epic fail on the driving skills but looks like "xbox record that" works even with my stupid welsh accent :approve:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It's good that they now allow you to paint the stock wheels, but can you paint wheels white in this one?

Nice pics. God those 1Ms are so awesome. Lol.

For those getting a bit excited by the images and running out to buy an xbox, it's worth noting, before getting carried away by the thread, that these are heavily resampled pictures. Gameplay isn't going to look anywhere near as good. Not unless we're now running 8k resolutions and no one has told me ;)

Still a stunning game though for sure, but a bit of expectation management is in order before rushing out to buy a console off the back of some slightly misrepresentative screen caps.

Nippy white cup
tbf the forzavista shots aren't really representative of the ingame but the track pics pretty much are apart from the obvious focus blur on some

The "Bullshot" has been with us a while now sadly. Only difference to PS1 era stuff was back then it was the devs doing it with media sent to magazines now it's all LOD/resolution/lighting smoke and mirrors in photography modes of the game. I've not had my hands on the game in person but the general comments seem to be it's a bit of a jaggy/AA fest in motion.

Revels Mum & Sister

For those getting a bit excited by the images and running out to buy an xbox, it's worth noting, before getting carried away by the thread, that these are heavily resampled pictures. Gameplay isn't going to look anywhere near as good. Not unless we're now running 8k resolutions and no one has told me ;)

Still a stunning game though for sure, but a bit of expectation management is in order before rushing out to buy a console off the back of some slightly misrepresentative screen caps.

I think most people are aware with this now. I would hope they are anyway....

Turkish you really do hate FORZA don't you ;)

To be honest people are picking nits with this game. It is great fun, I feel an improvment in many ways to Forza 4. Also this is the first Gen on the new console. It is what it is....

Lol, not at all. Same thing gets said on here when people criticise Top Gear or Gran Turismo on here. You can like a series and still be able to criticise it when there are glaring issues with it be they persistent or momentary.

It feels like the 5th game curse, GT5 was shambolic and Forza 5 has been. Let's hope both franchises get it together for 6. In fairness being a launch title and a puppet to MS to boot hasn't done T10 any favours. So I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt over some of the very questionable decisions about content and structure of the game, the whole micro transaction thing (£32 of actual money to buy the Lotus F1 car?! Lol) plus flat out lies about the assets being used.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

...<snip>...

The in-game screen caps are representative-ish. LOL! They simply switch to high-LOD models in camera mode and then apply the various shader effects on top to simulate the motion blur, DoF, vignetting and so forth. The tech used to produce the 'photos' could arguably be used in realtime in-game (at least to some degree) but I'm not sure I'd want to play with so much blur, bokeh, etc. Ow my eyes... LOL!

But yes, the 1M's are awesome. So far I'm at level 20-something, have 1,000,000+ credits and... just have two cars. The 1M and the Type-R. Once I've amassed a small fortune I'll start buying some better cars. For now, the 1M is evolved and upgraded as I go along; it's a very capable car albeit with a very twitchy back end. :)

I've not had my hands on the game in person but the general comments seem to be it's a bit of a jaggy/AA fest in motion.
It's not too bad really. Sure, there's some shimmering on high frequency texture details and suchlike but I don't think it's half as bad as media reports suggest. Graphically, for a launch title, I think it is nicely done. Gameplay-wise... I'm not convinced. As much as it pains me I personally feel this is the weakest Forza yet. Certainly not a bad game, but somehow... unpolished and a bit clunky. And for the first time in my life a game that has caused me to have rage fits due to the f**king stupid behaviour of the drivatards! :( I've given up trying to race 'clean' as it's virtually impossible to do so unless you turn the AI down to 'dumbass' level.

Evo 5 RS
lol Andy! The amount of sampling they put in the photos would bring the console to a crawl, you knows it :D. It still seems like an impressive little box regardless, I'm really tempted to pick one up before Christmas.

Well, that or 6GB Kingpin Edition TDP /Voltage unlocked Kepler cards...mmm...GPUs

Revels Mum & Sister
I would not really call it Shambolic to be fair.... Maybe unpolished but not Shambolic. Depends what you want/expect out of it I guess. Like you say the deadlines likely have not helped. At the end of the day it is a game. There might be a few jaggys etc but does that really matter when you are playing? Probably not...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
lol Andy! The amount of sampling they put in the photos would bring the console to a crawl, you knows it :D.
Exactly, which is why I said...

The in-game screen caps are representative-ish. LOL! They simply switch to high-LOD models in camera mode and then apply the various shader effects on top to simulate the motion blur, DoF, vignetting and so forth. The tech used to produce the 'photos' could arguably be used in realtime in-game (at least to some degree) but I'm not sure I'd want to play with so much blur, bokeh, etc. Ow my eyes... LOL!
The effects used for the screen caps aren't all that far removed from ones that are already used in the game, just with a LOT more passes and more complex implementations.

Evo 5 RS
To some degree = choppy :D lol. I'm surprised they've not done weather effects though, it's a bit ridiculous to move over to the new platform and not implement them. Turn 10 said it was purely a design choice on 360 due to keeping the 60 FPS frame rate.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, choppy is a degree of sorts. ;)

Some would say that Turn 10 have weather penned-in for a future release... but pressure from a certain behemoth meant they had to make cuts to get a game delivered on time for some console launch. Some would say otherwise. Whether (no pun intended) or not this was/is true is debatable but yes, it's about time some sort of dynamic weather system was introduced! Especially when it's fairly straightforward to do. :p All you need are some extra strong glossy/shiny shaders so that everything looks 'wet' (assuming rain here) and some sort of post-process effect to simulate the rain/water drops streaming down the camera lens / windscreen. It's all been done before. Snow is even easier. Take the current art assets, tint with white, and job done. For rain and snow (or ice) reduce the friction and release to market. bang - Forza 6! LOL! Of course I take the p**s but I would really like to see something new now; weather being high on that list.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
cant wait to have a go on this ( well be adicted to it ) :eek:
whats the drifting physics like? proper tyre smoke this time i hope

First Forza vid I uploaded to the Studio, poor quality :(

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
How did you get it on youtube? Is there a way we can view the Upload Studio videos online ? I tried to find mine but couldnt find it!
I uploaded mine to SkyDrive directly from the console, and then downloaded the movie file to my PC from SkyDrive. Then uploaded that to YouTube. :)

EDIT: It uploads movies to SkyDrive under the Pictures folder...