ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fortron Paint Shield...?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
My R27 has a sticker on the window saying I have this - Google then showed me this -

http://www.fortron.co.uk/Fortronweb_files/page0006.htm

Which looks to be a similar logo. My car hadn't been washed by me till today (I know, I know, almost two weeks - but I haven't had a chance!). Anyway, I had noticed really good, tight, small beading, and when we foamed it today for the clean - the foam, on the thickest setting even, just could not cling! It was just sliding off the car - which was of course great for us, because it pretty much cleaned the car heh! I also have to assume it's been used on my interior as that is spotless as well hehe! And I don't have the Recaro wear on the drivers bolster like some people have reported.

Anyway, does anyone else have any experience of this stuff? I normally think these dealer add on paint protection packages, like Supaguard etc, are no better than a good wash and wax - but if this stuff has been on the car a year and not warn off - that's pretty good in my book!

Topped it up today with a layer of Dodo Juice Banana Armour after a foam, wash, rinse, dry with detailer. Windows cleaned seperately, wheels treated with Poorboys wheel sealent (if anyone is here who even remotely cares about their wheels doesn't use this - you NEED to get some, it's fantastic) and black bits (including that huge diffuser) treated with AG Bumper care. I forgot to do the window seals with my Pfledge Gummi, so that's for next time. Getting a second layer of wax next week on the front ready for the ring :)

Dan

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Heh, I forgot my camera :( I'll get some tmrw. Cross your fingers for no rain in the night!