ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FOR F*CKS SAKE

Nimbus 197
:mad::mad::mad:

Woke up on Saturday morning to discover some little motherf**ker keyed my car overnight...I've never been so angry in my life. I have no idea why my car was keyed either. I have had the car for about 3 months and have kept it in tiptop condition since the day I got it...so damn frustrating!!!!!! :mad: Rear quarter and drivers door have been damaged...

3648545193_69503df124.png

3649352264_49f7741736.png

I'm going to shoot down to a local detailer tomorrow to see if it will polish out (my guess is that it won't...feels pretty deep in places :mad:) Has anybody had any experience getting this sort of damage repaired? I'm more worried about getting a perfect paint match in the event of a respray...

sorry to hear that mate, loads of idiots about. i have a key mark on my current car which im not impressed about but all i can say is that there just jealous and if they cant have it why should you!

Little Feckers!!

Barge
s**t dude that's terrible!! Hope the detailed can sort it, although as Mike says, it does look pretty deep. Respray. :dapprove: :(

It's A Reno
That's a damned shame. Unforunately there's a lot of scumbags around.

How long are the scratches? Hopefuly they can be buffed out.

Nice colour btw.

Better than yours. C*nt.
As a rule of thumb, if you can catch it with your fingernail then it won't buff out.

That one looks like it'd bite my finger off :(

182 has now gone!
Scumbags... Hope you get it sorted, I have a key mark on my passengers door I need to get done, it wont polish out.

185lb/ft dCi
Might t-cut out that, I have removed some pretty deep scratches with it before, ones that i can get my fingernail in. Good luck with the detailer!

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
Defo a repsray mate.. I can vouch on that as the same thing happened to mine with the same depth looking at urs..
U could do a cheap one where they paint just over the lines... It wont be perfect but its affordable! but respray will set you back at least 200 mate..

And a paint stick, 3000 grit W-O-D and a machine polisher wont do then ?

No, it will look utterly w*nk.

Colour match should be fine as long as you take it to a good bodyshop, the place you'll most likely notice a colour difference will be from the rear bumper to the qaurter. Depending on how far along the scratch is on the door you may have to do the wing too mate :(

Mini Cooper S sport
Absolutely gutting :(

HATE to see cars which have been keyed, the little cnuts need the sh*t beating out of them.

Takes the mindless pr!ck a second to do and costs 200 notes to get fixed. B@stards.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Absolutely gutting :(

HATE to see cars which have been keyed, the little cnuts need the sh*t beating out of them.

Takes the mindless pr!ck a second to do and costs 200 notes to get fixed. B@stards.

+1

WHY do they never get seen doin it and get there skulls caved in :mad:

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Feel sorry for you matey, but some cnuts decided to paint stripper the whole of my passenger side, i no the anger felt matey

Clio 182FF
If only there was a way of having coloured metal/plastic so it didn't have paint on it, people couldn't key it! Then you can have lots of laquer over it or something... what the hell do I know...

Nimbus 197
thanks for the love people. Went to get a quote from the bodyshop today and I have booked it in for mid July. Should cost around £200 which isn't as much as I expected but will have to wait and see how the repair looks. Will keep you all updated!

LoW clio Sh*t...&..
thanks for the love people. Went to get a quote from the bodyshop today and I have booked it in for mid July. Should cost around £200 which isn't as much as I expected but will have to wait and see how the repair looks. Will keep you all updated!

Got it spot on then about the price Ribena. ;) But yea at least its not as much as how much its gonna cost me.. Good luck mate..

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Know exactly how you feel mate, the girl friend got up this morning to find footprints all over her smart roadster.

Not content with just running over the car they've also been jumping up and down on the roof and bent all the runners for the convertible roof!

Some people are right little CNUTS!

I'm not gonna post what I'll do to them if i find out who it is, but it won't be pretty.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
wont cost loads for a blow in/blend from a body shop fella. got quoted £50 at a local place round here...

Yeh its not ideal but its not mega bux.

Still a right c**t though.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Painter chipping in. It's definitely a spray job buddy, and hopefully if the line isn't too long on the door you shouldn't need it blended into the front wing. Although personally I'd do that, just to make sure the colour match was spot on. You're looking about £200+VAT for the two panels, and around £240+VAT to the 3. Forget about machine polishing it. Go over it with a claybar and panel wipe before putting it into the paint shop to minimise pain imperfections too.

edit: just seen your update. Ah well :)

Clio 1.4 16v
my car ent been scratched but u get the idiots in car parks slamming there doors against your car and get all them horrible dents down the side of you car that annoys the hell outta me

Nimbus 197
UPDATE

Got the car back yesterday and am very happy with the results. Really can not tell it was keyed. Paint match is perfect as well. I can highly recommend the guys at Auto Image/Paintworx in Killingworth, Newcastle.

Images to come when the weather gets better! That is all. 'bena out. :)

Titanium 182
Glad to hear you got it sorted mate, random question but do you know Danny Tait ? sure he's taken pictures of your car before - Does transport design at newcastle uni.