ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog lights not working

Writen off dci 100
hi all

as above really, its not the bulbs or the fuse. does anyone know of any common faults with the fog lights

please help

oh its on a 53 172cup

Titanium 182
Blown the bulbs ! too much driving about like a charver

;) replace them with brake cooling ducts :D

Writen off dci 100
lol i dont use my fogs

i just needed them the other day and i noticed they weren't working so i changed them bulbs, still not working and the fuse is fine

im stuck

Writen off dci 100
iv just checked if there is any voltage going to the bulbs

i make it just over 10 volts

i have absolutely no idea whats going on

please help

V6 Exige, GTR R35
probably rusty connections and build of of white salt on connections.

take them out - try some sand paper on connections to rough them up and remove scale.

or try a voltmeter on the terminals to see if you have a voltage.

Writen off dci 100
Have you ever used them? (sorry if thats a stupid quastion)

yes lol

probably rusty connections and build of of white salt on connections.

take them out - try some sand paper on connections to rough them up and remove scale.

or try a voltmeter on the terminals to see if you have a voltage.

iv tried that im getting 10 volts is that engough

plus iv tried 2 new bulbs which iv also tested but still no luck

A shiny black one.
yes lol

Ye sorry bout that question, its just where you said before you don't use them i thought maybe you hadn't realised that the headlights on the stalk needed to be in the sidelight or lights on position before the fogs come on!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
same happened to mine when i brought it just used sum wet and dry and cleaned the connections up now they work fine

renault clio 172
Hi there i got a clio sport 172 phaseI my front fog lights stopped working so i changed the bulbs they still don't work so i changed the fuse for them they still don't work any Ideas?Cheers

PH1 172 Sport
It'll be the connections as they are exposed to the elements abit. Take the connectors off and give them a clean as said above.