ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fog light on the dash flashing when

mini cooper R50
Hi, when I'am braking or indicating to turn right the fog light symbol on the dash is iluminating:mad:

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I dont think it is affecting the lights on the outside of the car and seems to have started since we had 2 days of rain here:dapprove:

Its quite a common problem.
It will most likely be the connectors on the rear lights. Take the rear light units off, undo the connectors, give them a good clean and spray them with WD40.
Most likely they've got wet from the rain.

soon to be 182 ;)
i had this problem 2 weeks ago so took the rear clusters out looked clean but was putting ph2 lights on anyway (my car mk2 ph1) , make sure good connection, also i replaces the number plate holder as old one was nackered and it was fine after.

Ph2 172 Cup
I've got the exact same problem. My first thought was that it was stalk related but I'm definitely trying this first. I'll report back on my success (or otherwise).

mini cooper R50
been on and off to be honest, was still doing it this morning but didn't do it at all on the drive home from work tonight, will be checking the connections on Sunday so will post back then