ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
8441126315_955affe607_z.jpg

8485768353_33fe82537e_z.jpg

Nice and close now mate :)

53 Clio's & counting
Finished work early today due to the snow, cold weather.

Dash off, and plastics around the steering wheel

8464845035_91a32b533a.jpg
[/url]
Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

8465943716_9cbf47781e.jpg
[/url]
Untitled by fletcher10, on Flickr

I removed the 4 bolts holding the steering column in place, but didn't have the right screws nuts bolts/ washers. Looks like I'll be able to get the steering wheel quite a bit lower though :)

Don't go too low mate, it could end up putting pressure on the colomn due to the bigger angle - I would say a drop of an inch to 1.5 inches should be about right x

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels look to clean ha

Give them 50 or so miles and they'll be filthy again mate. DS5000 pads + white wheels = :dapprove:

Don't go too low mate, it could end up putting pressure on the colomn due to the bigger angle - I would say a drop of an inch to 1.5 inches should be about right x

Yes Russ. I thought that when I was offering up the wheel and column. I've not got any 12.9 bolts that fit, so it's not been done yet.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much ready now get it insured taxed and fixed, and up and running again.

With all going to plan It should be ready for Castle Combe Spring performance action day. :race:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
It bloody best be sunshine ;)

It will Russ.

Will be good to see the ol girl again. Saxo is getting insured and mot/taxed in the next 3 weeks too :)

Good stuff Sam.

Good stuff, I've missed our drives :cool:

Though you do peddle the vRS well ;)

yeah me too. The VRS goes well it's just not very rewarding TBH.

This is good news, never seen the fletchbus in motion :p

Yes Oil you soon will mate!

It is a rare sight.. One I have actually seen though!

Yes Jamie a couple of years ago at Combe IIRC?

About time, you were becoming as bad as Sam !

I'm not that bad ;)

That's great news, Fletch - can't wait to see her up and running. :D

Cheers Andy.
Nah, Fletch has never suffered from OCD :p

lol, No with me it's more 'driven not detailed'

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Well as some of the South Central members know, the car will not be ready for Castle Combe next Sat :(

I've had to spend quite a bit of cash this month on the extension so the car fund has suffered yet again.

The good news is if I wait a bit longer I can through some more money at it and buy a set of 421 cat cams etc :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hell yeah. After 13 months of not being started it fired up first time :cool: can't wait to get the fletchbus back on road/ track.

Thanks for popping over this morning mate :)