ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
R888's arrived today.

6097053385_388d47720a_z.jpg

IMG_7584 by fletcher10, on Flickr :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Good work Fletch and hope that the brake pad change goes well. Would offer to help but the Mrs is off this weekend and I'm only allowed out on Sunday for Trax

No probs mate, thanks for the offer. I'll have to pop over to yours somewhen to have a look at Tim's beetle.

Yep, it'll be interesting to see how long they last TBH.

Nice! You booked track time again Fletch for Combe?

Yes mate, two sessions. Are you going to Combe then?

big boost cup
How is the cup ATM mate?[/QUOTE]

Top mounts are knocking but it's back in the garage Saturday to be fixed. Then trax and I'm going to strip it like yours and fit the new lump. I might need to pop over for some dremel action though

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I approve.....

:cool:

How is the cup ATM mate?

Top mounts are knocking but it's back in the garage Saturday to be fixed. Then trax and I'm going to strip it like yours and fit the new lump. I might need to pop over for some dremel action though[/QUOTE]

Nice one. Yeah bring it over to mine anytime mate, you'll be surprised at how much weight you can lose from them.

Isnt it about time you updated the miles on your thread title ;)

Yeah good point Russ. 135,000 odd now :race:

Last edited:

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Top mounts are knocking but it's back in the garage Saturday to be fixed. Then trax and I'm going to strip it like yours and fit the new lump. I might need to pop over for some dremel action though

If you visit Fletch be prepared to never put your car back to standard.

His only tools are a Stanley knife, heat gun and Dremel.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Explain?

I did a half day with Edewer last July :)

R26 handles as well so advantage will be my power along the main striaght, Paddock Hill Bend to Druids and the back straight.

Monaco @ Brands :D
MI0D2485.jpg

Well of the top of my head...

Another set of 2118s
Passenger seat
New exhaust
Roll cage
Short shifter
New splitter
Did the red MX5 overtake you Tim? ;)

If you visit Fletch be prepared to never put your car back to standard.

His only tools are a Stanley knife, heat gun and Dremel.

Hell yeah :butt:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
New lump?!

Tom has DannyR's forged engine (correct me if I'm wrong Tom).

It's worth more in parts now anyway so it be reet

Parts cut or melted aren't worth much LOL

Well of the top of my head...

Passenger seat
Short shifter
Roll cage
Another set of 2118s
Slick tyres
New splitter
New exhaust
Sell car
Buy Stage 2 R26
Did the red MX5 overtake you Tim? ;)

Order I would do things and no I'd overtaken that MX5.

ph1 track weapon
my 888s lasted 3 track days and 5k miles and still had a tad left, so they do wear very well fletch.

having done brands before i found the clios are good for all but the main straight, where the more powerful stuff will have the edge coming into paddock hill, and again a tiny bit up towards the hairpin, but at no point did the car feel it needed 'more' as such. picking up the new 172 tomorrow and should hopefully be back on track towards end of the year!

ive missed it

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'll disapprove if you get rid of the splitter. It's the character of the car :D

True but it's in a bit of a state ATM. Maybe I should give it a bit of TLC it'll hopefully then be reet for another 50k :approve:

We both drove Matt Will's Ropey with a short shift. Fletch loved it and I hated it.

Yeah they do seem to be a bit of a marmite part.

Got some new pics of your interior Fletch? Interested to see what you have been up to.

Not lately fella. I'll get some new interior and exterior pics up at the weekend :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
my 888s lasted 3 track days and 5k miles and still had a tad left, so they do wear very well fletch.

having done brands before i found the clios are good for all but the main straight, where the more powerful stuff will have the edge coming into paddock hill, and again a tiny bit up towards the hairpin, but at no point did the car feel it needed 'more' as such. picking up the new 172 tomorrow and should hopefully be back on track towards end of the year!

ive missed it

Good stuff, If I can get that out of my R888s I'll be very happy!

Hopefully see you and the new 172 soon then Ed. :)

ph1 track weapon
Yeah project thread will be up tomorrow, and coilovers will be on hopefully by next week. Just need rid of those hideous standard wheels and put it on a diet!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
True but it's in a bit of a state ATM. Maybe I should give it a bit of TLC it'll hopefully then be reet for another 50k :approve:

Yeah they do seem to be a bit of a marmite part.

I found the short shift a bit notchy and didn't seem like an improvement.

I've got a modified gear linkage which halves the throw coming tomorrow or Friday so I'm hoping you and Chris can help me fit it on Saturday.

We can have a go at repairing your ghetto splitter with some fibre glass resin.